USB and 1.1a
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
keschrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2002 7:06 pm    Post subject: USB and 1.1a Reply with quote

Just yesterday I upgraded my system from 1.0 to 1.1a, and now it seems that I can't sync my USB visor. Normally when I press the hotsync button a USB connection is made for the data to go through, but now when I load usbview and hit the button no USB connection is made at all.

Anybody know what could have happened?
mkeadle
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2002 6:54 am    Post subject: Right modules? Reply with quote

Just to be sure, does lsmod show the correct modules loaded? The handspring needs usb-uhci (or possible usb-ohci), usbserial, and visor. If those modules are loaded, or the support is compiled into the kernel, then the mechine *should* recognize the PDA. What do you see in /var/log/messages? Any messages that it's been detected, or maybe nothing at all? Try running 'tail -f /var/log/messages' and then plug in your cradle and try doing a hotsync.

Also, which device files in /dev where you using before to access your Handspring?
keschrich
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2002 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, all of the correct modules are loaded, inc. uhci, usb-serial, and visor.. nothing comes up at all in /var/log/messages when I hit the hotsync button, as I said before, no USB connection is registered at all..

The devices it uses are /dev/ttyUSB0 and /dev/ttyUSB1, both of which were created correctly as everything worked fine before I upgraded to 1.1a
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: