Anyone get zope or plone to emerge?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snorkel
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 1:07 pm    Post subject: Anyone get zope or plone to emerge? Reply with quote

On my x86 box zope and plone work fine, but on sparc Zope is version 2.5.1 and on x86 it's the latest 2.6 version.

How come such a difference in ebuilds?
burmashave
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd try installing Plone manually. It seems to me that installing Zope apps. via gentoo is kind of like getting in the car to go across the street, although I'd be happy to hear why I may be wrong about this.

Are you familiar with Zope? Nearly all Zope product installations can be accomplished by unpacking the tarball to the zope/lib/python/Products directory, and then restarting the server.

As to why you have a different Zope version on Sparc, I have no idea.
Weeve
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya snorkel,

Typically, ebuilds that are behind like zope are due to no one having yet tested them. The best way to see ebuilds you want updated for sparc is to file a bug on it at https://bugs.gentoo.org
rsborn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: I'm trying to test this now Reply with quote

Man there are a lot of dependencies, I am through about 15 out of 25 that I need on this system, most did not have even ~sparc so I copied them to my overlay portage tree and have added ~sparc to every one. The only hiccup so far was with unrtf, I did not copy a patch file to the local portage directory and it barfed.

I'll let you know how it goes from here, I plan on installing on both my Ultra 10's

Rick
rsborn
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: OK all set Reply with quote

I sucessfully emerged Plone on 2 of my sparc systems. Copying the ebuilds to my local portage directory, adding the ~sparc keyword, regenerating manifests and copying a patch file for unrtf allowed the emerge to complete sucessfully.

I think the only thing I also needed to do was to submit a bug (which I did, bug number 84791).

Is there anything else I needed to do to get the keyword added? What kind of testing is involved in moving it to stable? I only have 3 semi modern sparcs (2 ultra 10's and an ultra 2) so I can probably go no further with testing.

Plone/Zope works well, nice portal setup.

Rick
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: