Strange issues with portage (solved)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sargon
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Strange issues with portage (solved) Reply with quote

Hi

I have some (for me) strange issues with portage:

(1)
As I mentioned in another thread already, when trying to emerge anjuta with '~x86' as ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, it insists on installing version 1.0.2, although there is a 1.1.1 version in portage since quite a while. (marked as ~x86)

Does anyone know what might be wrong or what I'm missing? Or try "ACCEPT_KEYWORDS='~x86' emerge -p anjuta" on their system and see what version it would install?

(2)
When I wanted to delete some old packages I no longer need (with emerge -p --depclean) I noticed that it wanted to uninstall grub. Now I'm pretty sure that I got grub with 'emerge grub' when I installed my system (from stage1) and therefore I would expect it to be in the world file. Well, it isn't anymore and I don't have a clue why not. Any idea what could cause such bevahiour? (I'm pretty sure I didn't edit the world file and manually deleted it there :)]

Thanks for your answers/help!

Sargon

Last edited by Sargon on Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
bsolar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange issues with portage Reply with quote

Sargon wrote:
when trying to emerge anjuta with '~x86' as ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, it insists on installing version 1.0.2, although there is a 1.1.1 version in portage since quite a while. (marked as ~x86)

That version is masked in package.mask, check '/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask', the comment will explain why.

You can get more infos about masked packages here

Sargon wrote:
When I wanted to delete some old packages I no longer need (with emerge -p --depclean) I noticed that it wanted to uninstall grub. Now I'm pretty sure that I got grub with 'emerge grub' when I installed my system (from stage1) and therefore I would expect it to be in the world file.

AFAIK you don't emerge grub in the installation (at least recent ones) BTW you might add the packages you want depclean to leave in the worldfile.
Sargon
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 6:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange issues with portage Reply with quote

bsolar wrote:
That version is masked in package.mask, check '/usr/portage/profiles/package.mask', the comment will explain why.

You can get more infos about masked packages here

Ah, that explains it! Many thanks for the link! And before I ask something next time I'll make sure I read _all_ of these GFs. :oops:

bsolar wrote:
AFAIK you don't emerge grub in the installation (at least recent ones)

I checked the installation guide and indeed there's no 'emerge grub' anymore. I guess why I was so sure was the fact that it isn't my first '--depclean' and grub was still installed. :p Anyway, thanks for your quick help!

Sargon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: