C/C++ compiler cannot create executable
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wHAcKer
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: C/C++ compiler cannot create executable Reply with quote

I've been struggeling with this error (as had some other users, i've read here) for a few days and i was SURE there had to be a solution without reinstalling (this is suggested at several posts)because my second machine (based on the same portage tree with the same /usr/portage and everything) didn't have the problem...
After a few other tries (e.g. compiling older versions etc.) i just took my (quite agressive) cflags away and just used some failsafe one's (ones that work for sure). emerging the problem-causer (traceroute actually :p) worked like a charm and i was amazed that such a serious problem was solved so easily, so please, don't reinstall when you get this error message :)
RedBeard0531
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that there are other causes. One time gcc got deleted, not sure how, but it did. I believe I got the same error message.
reves
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2003 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checked /var/tmp/portage/<package_name>/work/<package_name>/config.log for any errors. You could probably search it for 'C/C++ compiler cannot create executable' or something of that nature and look around that message for the results of the test for the compiler.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: