sun-j2sdk not found?? wth
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dank
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 4:57 am    Post subject: sun-j2sdk not found?? wth Reply with quote

ok, when installing j2sdk, i get as far as this... and from here i'm totally screwed

Code:
root@K dank # emerge sun-j2sdk
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-java/sun-j2sdk-1.4.1-r1 to /
>>> Unpacking source...
>>> Unpacking j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip to /var/tmp/portage/sun-j2sdk-1.4.1-r1/work/j2sdk
error:  cannot open zipfile [ /usr/portage/distfiles/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip ]
unzip:  cannot find /usr/portage/distfiles/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip, /usr/portage/distfiles/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip.zip or /usr/portage/distfiles/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip.ZIP.

!!! ERROR: dev-java/sun-j2sdk-1.4.1-r1 failed.
!!! Function unpack, Line 267, Exitcode 9
!!! failure unpacking j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip

i downloaded the zip files from suns website, like instructed... moved them from my default download directory to /usr/portage/distfiles

Code:
root@K dank # chown root:root /home/dank/downloads/j2sdk-1_4_1-mozilla_headers-unix.zip
root@K dank # mv /home/dank/downloads/j2sdk-1_4_1-mozilla_headers-unix.zip /usr/portage/distfiles
root@K dank # chown root:root /home/dank/downloads/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip
root@K dank # mv /home/dank/downloads/j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip /usr/portage/distfiles/

and even changed the owner and group (as you can see).... how are they NOT being seen?
Shw
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why zip's? I was instructed to dowload bin's ;] You need to download linux self executing binary: j2sdk-*.bin and then put it into /usr/portage/distfiles. Now portage simply can't open zip file and I think because of zip format.. Good luck
dank
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the reply i got from portage after removing the zip files from /usr/portage/distfiles, and doin an emerge sun-j2sdk again

Code:
root@K dank # emerge sun-j2sdk
Calculating dependencies ...done!
>>> emerge (1 of 1) dev-java/sun-j2sdk-1.4.1-r1 to /
>>> Unpacking source...
 * Please download j2sdk-1_4_1-mozilla_headers-unix.zip from http://wwws.sun.com/software/java2/download.html to /usr/portage/distfiles
 * Please download j2sdk-1_4_1-src-scsl.zip from http://wwws.sun.com/software/java2/download.html to /usr/portage/distfiles

!!! ERROR: dev-java/sun-j2sdk-1.4.1-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_unpack, Line 84, Exitcode 0
!!! Some source files were not found

notice it says .zip... i'll look for bins tho

i see zips... only zips
Genone
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shw wrote:
Why zip's? I was instructed to dowload bin's ;] You need to download linux self executing binary: j2sdk-*.bin and then put it into /usr/portage/distfiles. Now portage simply can't open zip file and I think because of zip format.. Good luck

There is the sun-jdk package which requires .bin files and sun-j2sdk that requires .zip files. One is precompiled by Sun and the other one is for compiling from source.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: