ALSA problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadamsieee
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 5:12 am    Post subject: ALSA problem Reply with quote

Hi,

I've had the snd-via82xx ALSA module working on this box in the past, but now it isn't recognized. I emerged, config'd, and compiled the gaming-sources and re-emerged the alsa-driver. The snd-via82xx.o file ends up in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gaming-r3/kernel/sound/pci/, but when I try to start the module I get this:

Code:
# /etc/init.d/alsasound start
 * Initialising ALSA....
 * Starting sound driver: snd-via82xx modprobe: Can't locate module snd-via82xx   [ ok ]

A closer look at the output of update-modules seems to show that its looking at the wrong linux sources:

Code:
# update-modules
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/apm.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/block/loop.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/block/nbd.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i810.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/drm/i830.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/gameport.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/interact.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/ns558.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/serport.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/joystick/warrior.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/lp.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/char/ppdev.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/evdev.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/input.o
depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r5/kernel/drivers/input/joydev.o

I already have /usr/src/linux linked to /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-gaming-r3, so do I need to update an environment variable or something so that the system will notice /lib/modules/2.4.20-gaming-r3/kernel/ as well?
derk
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd look over that symlink again ... have you got the right one? ... the only time I've ever seen this is when the /usr/src/linux link is pointing to the wrong kernel.

The only other choice is that you have not booted into the correct kernel .. check

derk
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: