Keyboard Nonresponsive on quitting X
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarxusZzZ
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 4:06 am    Post subject: Keyboard Nonresponsive on quitting X Reply with quote

I have a Dell Latitude LM Laptop running Gentoo. Yes, this is a Pentium 100, yes it only has 40MB of ram and a 2gig hard drive, yes I'm crazy, now that we're past all of that...

I've installed xfree86 4.3.0-r2. The problem is recurring regardless of my window manager. This problem happens when loading X and then leaving back to console. This will leave me with a nonresponsive keyboard after a matter of three or four minutes. The cursor blinks, it just does not accept keypresses. None of the laptop-native function keys work either (suspend, mute, invert screen etc...) I attempted turning off all APM functions to see if that was at all related... No joy. I can still SSH into the box and run programs (ie- shutdown -r now). I finished an emerge of Mozilla Firebird (told you I was crazy) while I could not use the keyboard for two days, it runs fine, I find that neat... but anyway...

I am wondering where the most likely cause of this is located. I do not believe I had this problem when using xfree86 4.2 though admittedly I didn't use X much then. However it could be something more specifically Gentoo-related, perhaps if anyone has found a similar problem before they could point some help in my direction, or even some way to regain keyboard access after it is lost (to avoid restarting.)

Thank you very much.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: