HOWTO: Null Selinux on non-SELinux profile
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: HOWTO: Null Selinux on non-SELinux profile Reply with quote

I've now moved this document to HOWTO Null Selinux on non-SELinux profile on gentoo-wiki.com - that document has been updated significantly, rendering the one that was here obsolete.

Recently, there been a bump in the SELinux policies, and it easier for me to just update it one place rather than two.

Last edited by salahx on Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:44 am; edited 2 times in total
pebenito
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:32 pm    Post subject: Re: HOWTO: Null Selinux on non-SELinux profile Reply with quote

salahx wrote:
I've now copied this to Right now, the SELinux are a tad bitrotted (latest one is 2005.1), mainly because the hardened stuff doesn't work right with gcc 4.1. However, you do not need the hardened stuff to use SELinux anyway.

Incorrect. We do not create new profiles just because there is a new default-linux profile. There has not been a need to create a new profile. Also, SELinux is not affected by the version of gcc.
salahx
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: HOWTO: Null Selinux on non-SELinux profile Reply with quote

Ok, my bad, I made the all-too-common version number comparison error, but the SELinux and normal branches are 2 different "products" in Gentoo and thus versionied indepentl.

SELinux isn't affected by gcc, but some of the other hardend stuff (the stack protector) is - which is what I was referring to.

An sec-policy/selinux-void-policy ebuild could be useful, though, similar in purpose to sys-fs/static-dev though. I'd like to one day the SELinux sutff "merged" in to mainline.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Documentation, Tips & Tricks All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: