xine woes and upgrading to Gentoo 1.4
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr. Ust
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: xine woes and upgrading to Gentoo 1.4 Reply with quote

This week, I decided to take the step of upgrading my system to 1.4. I installed gcc 3.2.2 and made it the default compiler just like the userdocs say. I then proceeded to do an
Code:

emerge -e world

Ran into a few minor hiccups as the build progressed over the next two days. One was that sylpheed-claws refused to create e-mails (segfault on any attempt to do so) but that fixed itself sometime later. Another weird thing was that I finally got Kanji to display properly in galeon, but that too went away after a while :(

Onto the real problems. There are some weird dependency issues surrounding xine-lib and xine-d4d. d4d requires the 0.9.13 version of xine-lib but the latest is beta11 or whatever. So of course the build died. Unfortunately, I lost the ability to use the --resume flag when I manually emerged the appropriate version of xine-lib (successfully).

So, the basic question is: Does anyone know of a way to find all packages on my system that have been compiled with gcc 2.95.3 so that I can proceed to recompile them with 3.2.2?

The kludge I'm using right now is doing an "emerge -ep world" and manually building everything after the xine-d4d package that failed. I don't think that this command consistently returns the packages in the same order though. I also had to avoid merging the rsync package since emerge takes it as a command to sync.

Comments on any other aspects of my post are welcome. I would love to get Kanji working again.

-Cheers
Mr. Ust
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2003 3:53 am    Post subject: Partial solution Reply with quote

I'm posting a partial solution that I believe works. If anyone has an easier way of doing it, I'd like to hear it.

Code:

find /var/tmp/portage -iname successful -mtime +4

That finds all packages that were succesfully merged more than four days ago. So basically anything that I successfully compiled before beginning my upgrade.

The problem is that /var/tmp/portage keeps a record of ALL packages, including older versions that have been replaced.

Does anyone have a cleaner way of doing this?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: