Surround sound with emu10k1-tenpin's drivers and audigy
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phreakinb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:48 pm    Post subject: Surround sound with emu10k1-tenpin's drivers and audigy Reply with quote

Hi i am using tenpin's emu10k1 drivers to play sounds with my audigy. However only 2 of the 4 speakers are working. The front channel and the sub work fine, and i do not want to mirror with
Code:
$DSPMGR -a"Pcm:$REAR"
in the audigy-script, and i had surround in slackware with the same driver. Any help is appreciated.
Eliad
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have never heard of this driver before. Could you please tell me what is the difference??? At the moment I use the OSS stuff because they are the only drivers I can get 5 speaker support from in Xawtv (I have an Audigy Gamer) ...

If it does support true surround I would be really interested to know how to get it to work too :D
Lord Tocharian
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only thought is first to check you have
Code:
ENABLE_TONE_CONTROL=yes
in your /etc/emu10k1/audigy.conf Then try loading up somethign like aumix and make sure your back channel is not muted. I use the same driver with an Audigy Gamer and I have fine surround sound support. For me the back channel in aumix is called OGain.

For Eliad: The website for this driver is http://www.basic-rip.co.uk/tenpin/linux_audigy_faq.html For the Audigy it is far superior to other drivers like using ALSA (at least for me). As far as I can tell it is true surround sound (it works for me in both native games and games in WineX).
phreakinb
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Tocharian wrote:
My only thought is first to check you have
Code:
ENABLE_TONE_CONTROL=yes
in your /etc/emu10k1/audigy.conf Then try loading up somethign like aumix and make sure your back channel is not muted. I use the same driver with an Audigy Gamer and I have fine surround sound support. For me the back channel in aumix is called OGain.

For Eliad: The website for this driver is http://www.basic-rip.co.uk/tenpin/linux_audigy_faq.html For the Audigy it is far superior to other drivers like using ALSA (at least for me). As far as I can tell it is true surround sound (it works for me in both native games and games in WineX).

I did that and i still get the problem. I booted into windows to find the same problem, but just last week all speakers were working fine. I am hoping it is a driver problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: