[forums-announce] Seeking SCSI card/hard drive donations
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index News & Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 9:58 am    Post subject: [forums-announce] Seeking SCSI card/hard drive donations Reply with quote

Folks --

We're hitting the upper limit of IDE's capabilities on our forums server. As such, we're hoping that someone in the community can help with donations of some equipment that will allow us to migrate over to a SCSI-based system. Specifically, we're looking for the following:
  • A SCSI controller capable of Ultra Wide speeds or better. Preferably Adaptec or another brand well-supported by Linux.
  • A SCSI hard drive that is Ultra Wide or faster and at least 9GB. Ideally, this would be a 10,000RPM drive as well.
  • The cables to hook them together.
If you have some extra equipment laying around your house or your work, please drop me an email at klieber@gentoo.org or a PM and let me know.

Your help and donations will ensure these forums can continue to grow and act as a premier support resource for Gentoo Linux.

Thank you.

--kurt
klieber
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received a couple of messages asking if folks can make monetary donations instead of hardware donations. Absolutely. 100% of all funds received will go towards purchasing upgraded hardware for the forums server. PM or email me for more information.

--kurt
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index News & Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: