Portage oddity...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brains
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 2:51 am    Post subject: Portage oddity... Reply with quote

Portage has gone a bit odd on me. So far there have been no obvious functionality problems but each time I run an emerge sync and -up world, portage insists that it alternately upgrade/downgrade libxml2. It has also started to show foomatic as an entry in the update list (with an N) even though I unmerged it and qpkg doesn't show anything depending on it.

Anybody want to suggest diagnostic/maint utils or procedures? I've already tried most of the ones I've run across, such as revdep-rebuild and regenworld...

Brains
mabouya
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2003 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should check your useflags... that's the first thing comming to my mind :)
Brains
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 6:22 am    Post subject: Anything in particular? Reply with quote

Anything in particular? This is my current USE...
USE="-arts -kde -gnome aalib alsa cdr dga directfb doc dvd fbcon gd ggi jikes maildir odbc pda perl samba slp snmp tiff wmf"
tj
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2003 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you're syncing from the oregonstate mirror then see this post

change your mirror in /etc/make.conf as described

delete the /usr/portage/distfiles as described

try your emerge from the new mirror - my local one is faster than oregonstate :) [/url]
Brains
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Doesn't seem to be an OSU problem... Reply with quote

Doesn't seem to be an OSU problem since I've been having it for some time before they started having problems... And I'm already using mirrorselect to pick mirrors.
Nuwen
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2003 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This doesn't sound like a USE or CFLAGS issue to me. As for the first part, does it only try to upgrade/downgrade after a sync? If so, it sounds like your rsync mirror is doing something odd, try changing that.

As for the second, the only thing I can think of is that it's a dependancy added by an updated version of some package, and qpkg isn't picking it up. Try emerge -pu for any packages that show up after foomatic in the update list. If that fails, maybe try emerge regen or downgrading portage or something.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: