Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Two problems with wolk-sources, request help, pls.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinchie
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Two problems with wolk-sources, request help, pls. Reply with quote

After hearing alott of good things about the Work OverLoaded Kernel (WOLK) I decided to give it a shot but I'm having 2 problems.

First problem is that I am unable to compile the latest alsa-driver, it errors out at memalloc..something.
I forgot to copy the error :/

The second problem is a wierd one, whenever I want to fill data into a form on any website, the browser (Mozilla and Galeon) simply freezes and I need to kill it.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas about how to solve these 2 issues?

Don't laugh at me at the second problem, don't have that problem with gentoo-sources nor gaming-sources so got to be something related to the wolk-sources.

I'm not sure if I configured the kernel alright but I guess so.
Any wolk-source user around that wants to take a look at my .config?

Sorry for my bad grammar, hope its understandable :)
Englisch isn't my first language nor second :)
asimon
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had also two problems with this wolk-kernel. To make ALSA compile I had to temporarily modify a linux header, I think it was /usr/src/linux/include/linux/proc_fs.h but I am not sure. IIRC the error was that a function gets defined two times, first in an ALSA header and then once more in an Linux header. The fix was to just uncomment the function definition in the Linux header. But I can't remember that this had anything to do with memalloc. Maybe your's a different problem. The second problem I had with the wolk kernel was far more troublesome. I had sporadic reboots.
steveforse
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2003 1:47 am    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I had the same problem compiling ALSA and asimon's hack worked for me. There's another thread with a similar solution https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=34764. I don't know if anyone submitted a bug report for this yet.

I haven't noticed that first problem. I wouldn't really know how to analyze a problem like that very well. I'd probably try reemerging Mozilla or something.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: