View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btlee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: openoffice 2.0.2 ready for ppc? Reply with quote

Today, new version of openoffice was released.
Of course, now there is an ebuild for only rc4 version, but unfortunately still they didn't support a binary package for ppc.
Is there anyone succeeded in building the package?
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am starting, like I did with 2.0.
It involves editing your /etc/portage/package.keywords files and add
Code:
app-office/openoffice ~x86
app-text/hunspell ~x86

If you want to try it as well. I also noticed that it can now be build
against firefox(1.5) instead of mozilla, but I won't try that.
I let you know how it is going-probably as I fill the bugs.
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easy part did go smoothly. The "hunspell" package which is now a dependency of OOo
is its new spell checker. It requires dictionnaries in the "myspell" format. The ebuild informs
you nicely that you should emerge some dictionnaries package named myspell* located in
app-dicts/ in portage. At the time I write this no such dictionnaries are in portage, so
OOo2.0.2 out of portage is without spellchecker at the moment :( .
Building OOo now, if nothing breaks I expect it to be finished in a bit more than 24 hours
on my iMac G4 :) .
btlee
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb wrote:
The easy part did go smoothly. The "hunspell" package which is now a dependency of OOo
is its new spell checker. It requires dictionnaries in the "myspell" format. The ebuild informs
you nicely that you should emerge some dictionnaries package named myspell* located in
app-dicts/ in portage. At the time I write this no such dictionnaries are in portage, so
OOo2.0.2 out of portage is without spellchecker at the moment :( .
Building OOo now, if nothing breaks I expect it to be finished in a bit more than 24 hours
on my iMac G4 :) .

Good LUCK!!!
:D
suka
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fb wrote:
At the time I write this no such dictionnaries are in portage, so
OOo2.0.2 out of portage is without spellchecker at the moment :( ..

That's not quite true, the old way of installing dictionaries (through the "Install new dictionaries" wizard) is still working.
KeyserZero
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any results?
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Failed sometimes last evening (New Zealand time) in a place I wasn't really expecting.

Sorry suka, I didn't know the old wizard was still in (I guess it make sense) but since we
now have this spell checker as a dependency and that emerge invites us to install
dictionnary through portage does that means we will have dictionnary installed by
portage immediately available in OOo or will there be a registration process (other than
the first launch that is)?

For those interested it failed during a java compilation, I was more or less expecting a STLport
failure (the usual culprit on ppc). I will fill a bug shortly.
Code:
Making dpj...
/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03/bin/javac -classpath ".:../../../../unxlngppc.pro/class:/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.4.2.03/jre/lib/rt.jar:. :/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/unoil.jar :/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/jurt.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/ridl.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/juh.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/jut.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/java_uno.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/java_uno_accessbridge: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/xalan.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/xercesImpl.jar: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/xml-apis.jar" -d ../../../../unxlngppc.pro/class  common/Desktop.java                                            common/NumberFormatter.java                                       common/FileAccess.java                                  common/Helper.java                                        common/InvalidQueryException.java                       common/JavaTools.java                                     common/NoValidPathException.java                        common/Properties.java                                    common/Resource.java                                    common/SystemDialog.java                                  common/Configuration.java                                       common/ConfigNode.java                                            common/ConfigGroup.java                                 common/ConfigSet.java                                             common/XMLProvider.java                          common/XMLHelper.java                                            common/Renderer.java                             common/Indexable.java                                            common/TerminateWizardException.java             common/UCB.java                                          db/DBMetaData.java                                       db/CommandMetaData.java                                  db/QueryMetaData.java                                    db/BlindtextCreator.java                                 db/FieldColumn.java                                      db/CommandName.java                                              db/RecordParser.java                             db/TypeInspector.java                                            db/ColumnPropertySet.java                        db/RelationController.java                                       db/TableDescriptor.java                          db/SQLQueryComposer.java                                 ui/event/AbstractListener.java                          ui/event/CommonListener.java                                      ui/event/DataAware.java                          ui/event/DataAwareFields.java                                    ui/event/EventNames.java                         ui/event/ListModelBinder.java                                    ui/event/MethodInvocation.java                   ui/event/RadioDataAware.java                                     ui/event/SimpleDataAware.java                    ui/event/Task.java                                               ui/event/TaskEvent.java                          ui/event/TaskListener.java                                       ui/event/UnoDataAware.java                       ui/AggregateComponent.java                                       ui/CommandFieldSelection.java                    ui/ControlScroller.java                                  ui/DBLimitedFieldSelection.java                         ui/DocumentPreview.java                                   ui/FilterComponent.java                                 ui/FieldSelection.java                                            ui/ImageList.java                                ui/PathSelection.java                                            ui/PeerConfig.java                               ui/SortingComponent.java                                 ui/TitlesComponent.java                                 ui/WizardDialog.java                                              ui/UIConsts.java                                 ui/UnoDialog.java                                                ui/UnoDialog2.java                               ui/XCommandSelectionListener.java                                ui/XFieldSelectionListener.java                  ui/XPathSelectionListener.java                                   ui/XCompletion.java                              document/Control.java                                            document/DatabaseControl.java                    document/FormHandler.java                                        document/GridControl.java                        document/OfficeDocument.java                                     document/Shape.java                              document/TimeStampControl.java                                   text/TextDocument.java                           text/TextFieldHandler.java                                       text/TextFrameHandler.java                       text/TextSectionHandler.java                                     text/TextStyleHandler.java                       text/TextTableHandler.java                                       text/ViewHandler.java
error: IO exception sun.io.MalformedInputException
1 error
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../../../unxlngppc.pro/misc/wizards_common_dummy.java'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/wizards/com/sun/star/wizards
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

Edit: Split up the giant line that was breaking the pagelayout. --Maedhros
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is usually caused by using UTF8 locales, there's similar bugs in bugzilla for other java packages. Which locale are you using?
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
This is usually caused by using UTF8 locales, there's similar bugs in bugzilla for other java packages. Which locale are you using?

That was quick! I recently switched to en_NZ.UTF-8, if that's the problem what is the recomended solution? Switching to a non UTF-8 locale?
JoseJX
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that usually fixes the problem, give it a try.
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK switched the locale to en_NZ ran "env-update" and "source /etc/profile" and started again.
Finger crossed.
I will probably use the UTF8 locale for users only now, since it apparently can break stuff.
I just noticed I downloaded one more file for OOo 2.0.2 that wasn't there yesterday.
zeuss1414
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a probleme when I want to compile OpenOffice. I try the 2 last version but noone works.

With oo 2.0.2, I can't install hunspell :

Code:
emerge -aDv hunspell
--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.keywords: app-text/hunspell-1.1.4

These are the packages that would be merged, in order:

Calculating dependencies
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "hunspell" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- app-text/hunspell-1.1.4 (masked by: missing keyword)
- app-text/hunspell-1.1.3 (masked by: missing keyword)

For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

I have
Code:
 app-text/hunspell-1.1.4 ~x86
in my /etc/portage/package.keywords

Any idee ??
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I have an idea. You don't put version number in package.keywords .
Look at my first post it should be
Code:
app-text/hunspell ~x86

not
Code:
app-text/hunspell-1.1.4 ~x86

package.mask and package.unmask can have version number but not
package.keywords or package.use
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoseJX wrote:
Yeah, that usually fixes the problem, give it a try.

OK that got me through the java wizard - Now waiting for the next problem :wink:
Hopefully if there is a problem it will be while I am next to the machine,
not 20mn after I left for home.
Cenrim
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just did some overlay magic to emerge hunspell-1.1.4 and openoffice-2.0.2

the first succeeded 45min ago, the later has an genlop -c ETA of 6hours remaining
status report this evening ;)

Code:
[ebuild   R   ] app-text/hunspell-1.1.4  USE="ncurses readline" 0 kB [1]
[ebuild     U ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.2 [2.0.1] USE="firefox% gtk ldap xml2 -binfilter -cairo% -curl -eds -gnome -java -kde -mozilla" 0 kB [1]

EDIT: anyone else thought about split ebuilds for open office?
could save hours.. just an idea ;)

EDIT:
Code:
# date && genlop -c
Mi Mär 15 23:22:17 CET 2006

* app-office/openoffice-2.0.2

current merge time: 10 hours, 25 minutes and 6 seconds.
       ETA: any time now.

Last edited by Cenrim on Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same bug that the guy in this bug (arch testers required to test OOo2.0.2).
It fails on install:
Code:
########################################################
make_installer.pl, version 1.0
Product list file: openoffice.lst
Taking setup script from solver
Unpackpath: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util
Compiler: unxlngppc
Product: OpenOffice
BuildID: 9011
Build: OOB680
No minor set
Product version
Installpath: /usr/lib/openoffice
Package format: native
Package list file: ../inc_openoffice/unix/packagelist.txt
Addon-Package list file: ../inc_openoffice/unix/packagelist_language.txt
Not calling epm
No file stripping
Unzip ARCHIVE files
services.rdb can be created
Languages:
        en-US
########################################################
... checking required files ...
...... searching zip ...
        Found: /usr/bin/zip
...... searching unzip ...
        Found: /usr/bin/unzip
... analyzing openoffice.lst ...
... analyzing script: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/setup_osl.ins ...
... analyzing directories ...
... analyzing files ...
... analyzing scpactions ...
... analyzing shortcuts ...
... analyzing profile ...
... analyzing profileitems ...
... analyzing modules ...
------------------------------------
... languages en-US ...
... analyzing files ...
... analyzing files with flag ARCHIVE ...
... analyzing files with flag SCPZIP_REPLACE ...
... analyzing files with flag PATCH_SO_NAME ...
... creating preregistered services.rdb ...
... cleaning the output tree ...
... removing directory /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//zip/en-US ...
... removing directory /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//services.rdb/en-US_witherror_1 ...

ERROR: ERROR: Could not register all components!
in function: create_services_rdb

ERROR: Saved logfile: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//logging/en-US/log_OOB680__en-US.log
Thu Mar 16 09:02:18 2006 (01:38 min.)
Failed to install:  at ./ooinstall line 127.
make: *** [install] Error 1

I have a similar set than the ppc guy in the bug, but my flags were as follow
Code:
[ebuild     U ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.2 [2.0.1] +binfilter +cairo +curl -eds -firefox -gnome +gtk +java +kde -ldap -mozilla +xml2 0 kB

After going through the mentionned log file I got the following culprit:
Code:
register component 'libdtransX11680lp.so' in registry '/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/bui\
ld/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//services.rdb/en-US_inprogress_1/services.rdb' succesful!
ERROR:  /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/regco\
mp -register -r /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/Open\
Office//services.rdb/en-US_inprogress_1/services.rdb -c 'libschd680lp.so;libbf_migratefilter680lp.so;libbindet680\
lp.so;libscn680lp.so;libscriptframe.so;libsd680lp.so;slideshow.uno.so;libsdbc2.so;libsdd680lp.so;security.uno.so;\
libprotocolhandler680lp.so;libsfx680lp.so;simplereg.uno.so;servicemgr.uno.so;libsot680lp.so;libspell680lp.so;libs\
pl680lp.so;libsrtrs1.so;streams.uno.so;libsvt680lp.so;svtmisc.uno.so;libsvx680lp.so;libtextconversiondlgs680lp.so\
;libsw680lp.so;libdtransX11680lp.so' 2>&1 |
Systemcall:  /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/bin/\
regcomp -register -r /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util\
/OpenOffice//services.rdb/en-US_inprogress_1/services.rdb -c 'syssh.uno.so;localebe1.uno.so;typeconverter.uno.so;\
typemgr.uno.so;textinstream.uno.so;libtk680lp.so;textoutstream.uno.so;libtvhlp1.so;libucb1.so;libucpchelp1.so;lib\
ucpdav1.so;libucpfile1.so;libucpftp1.so;libucphier1.so;libucppkg1.so;ucptdoc1.uno.so;ucpexpand1.uno.so;uriproc.un\
o.so;libutl680lp.so;libuui680lp.so;uuresolver.uno.so;libvcl680lp.so;libxcr680lp.so;libxmx680lp.so;libxof680lp.so'\
 2>&1 |
register component 'syssh.uno.so' in registry '/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2\
_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//services.rdb/en-US_inprogress_1/services.rdb' succesful!

I will probably paste all this in bug 124229. Anyone has an idea?
Cenrim
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same over here... after more than 12hours of compiling:
Code:
... analy.zing files with flag PATCH_SO_NAME ...
... creating preregistered services.rdb ...

ERROR: ERROR: Could not register all components!
in function: create_services_rdb

ERROR: Saved logfile: /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/bui
ld/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//logging/de/log_OOB680__de.log
... cleaning the output tree ...
... removing directory /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/bu
ild/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//zip/de ...
... removing directory /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/bu
ild/OOO_2_0_2/instsetoo_native/util/OpenOffice//services.rdb/de_witherror_1 ...
Thu Mar 16 04:24:29 2006 (01:01:20 hours)
Failed to install:  at ./ooinstall line 127.
make: *** [install] Fehler 1

!!! ERROR: app-office/openoffice-2.0.2 failed.
Call stack:
  ebuild.sh, line 1557:   Called dyn_install
  ebuild.sh, line 1039:   Called src_install

the topmost error in the mentioned log_OOB680__de.log is the same ERROR-regcomp-line as in fb's post

for details of my system see arch testing bug
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For info info I also tried to compile with java 1.5 as bug#125824 says
it should work now. But It failed miserably and much earlier, apparently because of a
header problem
Code:
Making: ../../unxlngppc.pro/slo/com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.obj
gcc -fsigned-char -fmessage-length=0 -c -I.  -I. -I../inc -I../../inc -I../../unx/inc -I../../unxlngppc.pro/inc -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/inc/dont_use_stl -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/inc/external -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/inc -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solenv/unxlngppc/inc -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solenv/inc -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/res -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solver/680/unxlngppc.pro/inc/dont_use_stl -I/var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/solenv/inc/Xp31 -I/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5.0/include -I/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5.0/include/linux -I/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5.0/include/native_threads/include -I/usr/include     -I. -I../../res -I. -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing   -fsigned-char -pipe -O2 -mcpu=7450 -pipe -maltivec -mabi=altivec -mpowerpc-gfxopt -fsigned-char -frename-registers -fweb -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-strict-aliasing -fPIC -DLINUX -DUNX -DVCL -DGCC -DC300 -DPOWERPC -DCVER=C300 -D_USE_NAMESPACE -DNPTL -DGLIBC=2 -D_PTHREADS -D_REENTRANT -DNEW_SOLAR -D_USE_NAMESPACE=1 -DSTLPORT_VERSION=400 -DPOWERPC -DPPC -DHAVE_GCC_VISIBILITY_FEATURE -D__DMAKE -DUNIX -DCPPU_ENV=gcc3 -DGXX_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu/3.4.5/include/g++-v3 -DSUPD=680 -DPRODUCT -DNDEBUG -DPRODUCT_FULL -DOSL_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 -DOPTIMIZE -DEXCEPTIONS_ON -DCUI -DSOLAR_JAVA -DOOB680=OOB680   -DSHAREDLIB -D_DLL_  -DMULTITHREAD  -o ../../unxlngppc.pro/slo/com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.o com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.c
In file included from com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.c:45:
/opt/ibm-jdk-bin-1.5.0/include/jawt.h:302: error: syntax error before "jboolean"
dmake:  Error code 1, while making '../../unxlngppc.pro/slo/com_sun_star_comp_beans_LocalOfficeWindow.obj'
'---* tg_merge.mk *---'

ERROR: Error 65280 occurred while making /var/tmp/portage/openoffice-2.0.2/work/ooo-build-2.0.2/build/OOO_2_0_2/bean/native/unix
make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1

So while it may be working with the sun-jdk-1.5 it looks like it doesn't with the ibm one.
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK the ebuild has been updated by suka over the weekend to OOo2.0.2.2 unfortunately
the ebuild still fails in the same place when registering components for installation.
It is also showing the same message in the log file. Some path have been changed
from ooo-build-2.0.2 to ooo-build-2.0.2.2 but that's about it.

Also Cenrim I noticed you use gcc 4.1.0 (and glibc2.4_pre2) I tried to do a build
with gcc4.1.0 (and glibc2.3.6-r3) and I failed much earlier on some java message.
Did you do anything else to your machine (complete rebuild with emerge -e world)
or is it just using glibc2.4 that makes all the difference?
Cenrim
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I think one big difference is the USE="-java" when I try to build openoffice ;)
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cenrim wrote:
well, I think one big difference is the USE="-java" when I try to build openoffice ;)

Oh yes that would explain it! :oops:
cayenne
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:35 am    Post subject: ?? Reply with quote

Cenrim wrote:

So, does -java work for you? I have that...and still get the error where it can't register all components in function create_servi9ces_rdb.

Mine blows up at en-US_witherror_1 at the end....

I'm trying on a ppc too....I had an earlier version, and it almost worked...blew up after compile with mime-types error, so emerged sync, and re-emerged openoffice 2.0.2...and blows up about the same place as the grand parent.

Any suggestions?

cayenne
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject: Re: ?? Reply with quote

cayenne wrote:
Cenrim wrote:

So, does -java work for you? I have that...and still get the error where it can't register all components in function create_servi9ces_rdb.

Mine blows up at en-US_witherror_1 at the end....

I'm trying on a ppc too....I had an earlier version, and it almost worked...blew up after compile with mime-types error, so emerged sync, and re-emerged openoffice 2.0.2...and blows up about the same place as the grand parent.

Any suggestions?

cayenne

Sorry but not at the moment even without java cenrim is stuck at the same place.
Between cenrim and me we have almost all the use flags covered so it is probably not
anything to do with them. At the request of suka I did a compile with generic compiler flags
(CFLAGS="" CXXFLAGS="") and it still get stuck in the same place.
We are in the dark on this error at the moment. :(
Frankly if you want a working version as soon as possible you probably should stick to 2.0.1
because we are not going anywhere right now.
cayenne
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Darn... Reply with quote

Well, I'd started on this version of OO because that older version wouldn't compile either..so, thinking the new one might.

I've been reading further up this thread and saw mention of something called locales.

Quote:

Can someone explain what there are...how to check what one I'm using...and how to change it to one that doesn't mess up?

cayenne 8O
fb
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Re: Darn... Reply with quote

cayenne wrote:
Well, I'd started on this version of OO because that older version wouldn't compile either..so, thinking the new one might.

I've been reading further up this thread and saw mention of something called locales.

Quote:

Can someone explain what there are...how to check what one I'm using...and how to change it to one that doesn't mess up?

cayenne 8O

OK, I'd say if don't know anything about locale and UTF8 you probably don't have to worry
about it.
If you want to know a little more and know what you are currently using I recommend that you
read http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/utf-8.xml. Most of the things that you want to
know about locale and UTF8 are in there.
On a side note can you tell us a little bit about your hardware and may be your "emerge info"
so we can try to help a little better with your OOo problem.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: