Kopete 0.12 beta with jingle support
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockMan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Kopete 0.12 beta with jingle support Reply with quote

Hi everyone, i just modified the ebuild for kopete 0.12 beta to include jingle support:
http://zerogoki.homelinux.org/kopete-0.12_beta1.tar.gz
My server is up from about 10:00 to 01:00, CET time.
Enjoy
Q-collective
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me stupid, but what are jingles?
RockMan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-collective wrote:

Google talk voice call extension.
kmj0377
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Q-collective wrote:

Quote:
The Jingle technology represents an open version of the protocols used in the popular Google Talk application released in August 2005, and Google is supporting the standardization and evolution of these protocols through the JSF's community standards process.

See http://www.jabber.org/press/2005-12-15.shtml and the links inside that link.
VoVaN
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't use the ebuild of RockMan, but i got all the info from http://wiki.kde.org/tiki-index.php?page=Kopete%20Jabber%20Jingle and I can prove that latest net-im/kopete ebuild works perfectly with google talk and voice support.
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a kopete-svn ebuild with jingle support.

Code:

# $Header: $
# kopete-svn-0.12.{DATE}.ebuild
# This ebuild is a modification of the kopete-7r2 ebuild (Bonkie) and the kopete-svn ebuild (Ycarus)

ESVN_REPO_URI="svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/branches/kopete/0.12"

inherit kde eutils subversion

DESCRIPTION="KDE multi-protocol IM client"
HOMEPAGE="http://kopete.kde.org/"
LICENSE="GPL-2"

KEYWORDS="~x86"
IUSE="ilbc jingle sametime slp ssl xmms"

#SRC_URI="mirror://sourceforge/${PN}/${MY_P}.tar.bz2"

S="${WORKDIR}/${PV}"

DEPEND="dev-libs/libxslt
   dev-libs/libxml2
   >=dev-libs/glib-2
   ilbc? ( dev-libs/ilbc-rfc3951 )
   jingle? ( media-libs/speex
       dev-libs/expat
      <=net-libs/ortp-0.7.99
    )
   sametime? ( >=net-libs/meanwhile-0.4.2 )
   slp? ( net-libs/openslp )
   xmms? ( media-sound/xmms )"

RDEPEND="$DEPEND
   ssl? ( app-crypt/qca-tls )
   !kde-base/kopete
   !net-im/kopete"

PATCHES="$FILESDIR/gcc4.patch"

need-kde 3.5

src_compile() {
   make -f Makefile.cvs

# External libgadu support - doesn't work, kopete requires a specific development snapshot of libgadu.
   # Maybe we can enable it in the future.
   # The nowlistening plugin has xmms support.
   local   myconf="$(use_enable sametime sametime-plugin)
         $(use_enable jingle)
         $(use_with xmms) --without-external-libgadu"

if use ilbc; then
      myconf="${myconf} --with-ilbc=/usr"
   fi

kde_src_compile
}

You can get it here too with the manifest and patch.

Also it might fail from the gcc-4.1 patch, I saw that updated in SVN today for 0.12 so comment that out if that happens, I haven't had the chance to sync today plus there hasn't been much critical since I last sync'd. Also since it's an svn ebuild I have buildpackages set so I just revision-date bump the ebuild like kopete-svn.20060311.ebuild and always have something to fall back on if need be.

The voice chat with gtalk works sometimes but it seems to not like failed connections (kopete freezes) and sometimes it's a once sided conversation, and other times one side thinks it's connected and the other side doesn't. It seems to be firewall/NAT related combined with what server the jabber user is on. Non google accounts/servers seem to work best even though it shouldn't matter since it's p2p.
Gotterdammerung
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to try it at home...
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how long before an ebuild appears in portage?
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

net-im/kopete is already in portage

It doesn't have jingle support due to the ortp dependency that requires the non-latest ortp so most likely you won't see any jingle supported official in portage ebuilds, imho. That along with jingle support being pretty buggy and not much work going into it since it's implementation being imported from psi.
VoVaN
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

firephoto wrote:

It doesn't have jingle support due to the ortp dependency that requires the non-latest ortp so most likely you won't see any jingle supported official in portage ebuilds, imho. That along with jingle support being pretty buggy and not much work going into it since it's implementation being imported from psi.

net-im/kopete works perfectly here even with jingle support as I mentioned already. Don't talk if you don't know...
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VoVaN wrote:
firephoto wrote:

net-im/kopete works perfectly here even with jingle support as I mentioned already. Don't talk if you don't know...

The version in portage does not have jingle support. aka /usr/portage/net-im/kopete/kopete-0.12_beta1.ebuild has no jingle. So that I know.

The version in the kde-svn overlay, the version in the first post, the version in my post, have jingle. Making a call (voice) with a gtalk user (windows client) from your gtalk account on kopete most of the time does not work. Yes I know that, yes it's a fact, if you for whatever reason do not believe that then you can explain why that is wrong to myself and to all those on the #kopete irc channel that see the exact same problem. Yes it is a problem, and yes I know about it and said such.

What does work, but not 100%, is a call between two non talk.google.com accounts. So if you're on kdetalk.net for example, it works most of the time but it is in no way shape or form perfect, and yes I know that.

What also is almost guaranteed to work everytime is attempting two calls and having them both fail or canceled or some other action that doesn't complet the call which will result in kopete becoming unresponsive, that is a fact and again I will talk about that because I do know.

So before you flame me more I'd suggest getting your facts straight.
VoVaN
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

firephoto wrote:
VoVaN wrote:
firephoto wrote:

The version in portage does not have jingle support. aka /usr/portage/net-im/kopete/kopete-0.12_beta1.ebuild has no jingle. So that I know.

Well, the original ebuils doesn't have jingle support, probably you can use the ebuils from this post, but I just emerge: dev-libs/ilbc-rfc3951-0, media-libs/speex-1.1.7 and net-libs/ortp-0.7.1-r1, then adjust ebuild with --enable-jingle and I got voice support.

firephoto wrote:

The version in the kde-svn overlay, the version in the first post, the version in my post, have jingle. Making a call (voice) with a gtalk user (windows client) from your gtalk account on kopete most of the time does not work. Yes I know that, yes it's a fact, if you for whatever reason do not believe that then you can explain why that is wrong to myself and to all those on the #kopete irc channel that see the exact same problem. Yes it is a problem, and yes I know about it and said such.

What does work, but not 100%, is a call between two non talk.google.com accounts. So if you're on kdetalk.net for example, it works most of the time but it is in no way shape or form perfect, and yes I know that.

What also is almost guaranteed to work everytime is attempting two calls and having them both fail or canceled or some other action that doesn't complet the call which will result in kopete becoming unresponsive, that is a fact and again I will talk about that because I do know.

So before you flame me more I'd suggest getting your facts straight.

I'm using kopete with google account and call from kopete to windows google talk or the other way around and it works 99%. That's all I can say. Probably if I would use kdetalk.net it doesn't work...
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now Kopete-3.5.2 seems to have jingle enabled in portage. However, nothing new shows when I launch it with jabber . . . :?

Also, whenever I click on devices under Kopete Config - it crashes every time (signal 11, SIGSEGV).

How do I move on from here?
Henning Rogge
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a similar problem with net-im/kopete-0.12.0.

Most times (not always) when I start kopete and a composite manager is active (XOrg-Composite or XGL/Compiz) kopete just crashes without error.
irondog
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MickKi wrote:
Now Kopete-3.5.2 seems to have jingle enabled in portage.[....]
How do I move on from here?
The only sing of Jingles support is the useflag :(
I can't find any differences either. (I expected to have a new Message Service listed).
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irondog wrote:
I can't find any differences either. (I expected to have a new Message Service listed).
Oops! 8O
I just noticed that I had emerged kde-base/kopete, which I suppose was pulled in by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta. Unlike net-im/kopete its kde-base sister does not have the jingle USE flag. What gives?
firephoto
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MickKi wrote:
irondog wrote:
Oops! 8O
I just noticed that I had emerged kde-base/kopete, which I suppose was pulled in by kde-base/kdenetwork-meta. Unlike net-im/kopete its kde-base sister does not have the jingle USE flag. What gives?

kde-base/kopete is version 0.11.3 (latest 11 release which is the kde-3.5 branch)
net-im/kopete is version 0.12.0 (latest in the 12 branch)
MickKi
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks firephoto! I told them that moving to modular ebuilds was going to confuse me but they carried on regardless. :lol:

Why have we three different kopetes, one under kde-base, one under net-im and the one under kdenetwork?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: