Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Hungarian Forum Request - Magyar Fórum Felkérés
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a Hungarian language forum? / Akar Magyar nyelvû fórumot?
Yes / Igen
95%
 95%  [ 131 ]
No / Nem
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 137

kallamej
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LordMyth wrote:
Ehh.. I think it's really getting time to have a Hungarian forum, have you see all the [HU] posts in the other languages forum?

The utf-8 conversion is not finished.
aidy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, terribly sorry sir.
mark_alec
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, because everybody should have the great support of these forums regardless of their language.
bszente
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2005 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Még egy, és megvan a 100. szavazat.

One more vote 'till the 100th.
luis
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 3:34 am    Post subject: another yes Reply with quote

En is a forum partjan vagyok.
nagjames
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: Jo otlet Danuvius 106 Reply with quote

Udv Vancouver,BC bol
glad-Simplex
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A magyar forum 5lete ment a levesbe? Pedig milyen szep lenne karacsonyi ajandeknak :)
aidy
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol @ 5let. didn't know they use kraplanguage in Hungarian too...
Well yeah, it would be a nice Christmas gift. I could practice my Hungarian more :D
evone
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: magyar forumot akarunk... :) Reply with quote

hehe, lol

egyebkent mennyi szavazat kell meg hozza?
Danuvius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: magyar forumot akarunk... :) Reply with quote

evone wrote:
hehe, lol

egyebkent mennyi szavazat kell meg hozza?

--------------------

hehe lol,

anyways, how many more votes are needed for this?

Legutóbbi értesülésem szerint (egy hete), változatlanul az unikódra való átváltás végét várjuk. Bár egy mondatba kiírva még nem láttam, úgy érzem hogy a Magyar forúm elvben áldását kapta a fejlesztõknek. De még pár hónapba beletelhet...

Kicsit lehangolónak tartom a helyzetet én is... és megkérdõjelezem a várakozás szükségességét. De hát nem mintha tudnánk bármit is csinálni. Szóval várjunk. Ami késik, nem múlik.

------------------

As of what I last heard (a week ago), we are still waiting for the unicode conversion to be completed. Though I have not seen in it actually stated in a single straightforward sentence, I got the impression that the Hungarian forum received the developers' blessing in principle. Though it may yet be a few more months....

I find the current situation somewhat disheartening myself... and I question the necessity of our waiting. But it's not as though we can do anything about it. So let us wait. That which is late, will still yet come.
Danuvius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump...
opopanax
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it actually called "Indo-Altaic?" Thought I read that in a book somewheres.

I see the point of having a forum, but it does take a commitment from someone to help maintain/moderate--i'd never volunteer for a task like that, i'm too damned selfish. I would assume that the issue with NOT creating one, is that if one is created, and it gets out of control and the mods have to prune/lock or otherwise control it, someone is going to feel more disenfranchised than they would if it never existed in the first place. Ain't multiculturalism great?
Danuvius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sketelsen wrote:
Isn't it actually called "Indo-Altaic?" Thought I read that in a book somewheres.

I see the point of having a forum, but it does take a commitment from someone to help maintain/moderate--i'd never volunteer for a task like that, i'm too damned selfish. I would assume that the issue with NOT creating one, is that if one is created, and it gets out of control and the mods have to prune/lock or otherwise control it, someone is going to feel more disenfranchised than they would if it never existed in the first place. Ain't multiculturalism great?

Not sure what you are responding too...

1. Hungarian is classified as Finno-Ugric.

2. Multiculturalism is generally a bullshit-word for things that have next to nothing to do with what the word implies.

2a. Alienating the Hungarian gentoo community as is passively being done is perhaps not the best alternative of all the possibilities, even if one is heartily committed to non-action on behalf of others because of "what might happen".

Sorry if my post seems a bit aggressive... take comfort in the knowledge that I restrained myself considerably.
opopanax
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, I agree. I was just pointing out the catch-22. I voted yes.

Figured out where I got "indo-altaic"--from a Tom Clancy novel. His research tends to be very detailed in some areas, and totally lacking in others--in one he had a vegan eating egg salad... My apologies for any offense.

But as far as "passive alienation," I feel that's a little harsh. Good luck.
Danuvius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I created this thread over a year and a half ago. Since then, I've watched it ignored both passively and actively, both with and without explanation by administrators and developers. Since then, it seems to me, several new non-english forums have been created...

Still no Hungarian forum though.

It is educational to see how much Hungarian users are worth to the Gentoo forum administrators.

This whole thing is exceedingly disappointing.

-----

Több mint másfél éve nyitottam meg ezt a topikot. Azóta nézem ahogy váltakozva passzívan és aktívan, és magyarázattal illetve annélkül, rá se hederítenek az adminisztrátorok és a fejlesztõk. Azóta, azt hiszem, több új nem-angol fórum már meg lett nyitva...

De magyar fórum továbbra sincs.

Tanulságos látni, hogy mennyit is számítanak a magyar felhasználók a Gentoo fórum adminisztrátoroknak.

Ez az egész, felettébb kiábrándító.
amne
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danuvius wrote:
I created this thread over a year and a half ago. Since then, I've watched it ignored both passively and actively, both with and without explanation by administrators and developers. Since then, it seems to me, several new non-english forums have been created...

Only subforums for the existing ones, but no new language forums - we are (unluckily) still waiting for someone to complete the UTF-8 stuff.

Danuvius wrote:

It is educational to see how much Hungarian users are worth to the Gentoo forum administrators.

Yeah sure, we hate all those European countries with their funny languages a lot and use this to punish them..... NOT.
As said before, some work still needs to be done, and you guys still can post to the other languages forum. This is also an important criterium for us to see if it makes sense to open a new forum - the last post in a thread marked with [HU] was made on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:23.
There was some activity at a certain time, but with that lack of activity i'd not suggest creating a forum even if the UTF-8 stuff was already finished.

Danuvius wrote:

I'm disappointed that you think we are conspiring against the Hungarians even though we've explained why we can't create a new forum, and i'm also disappointed you demand a forum for a non existant user group that badly.
If you really care so much, why don't you go fix the UTF-8 stuff and promote Gentoo in Hungary so there is an actual user base.
Danuvius
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amne wrote:
Danuvius wrote:

Only subforums for the existing ones, but no new language forums - we are (unluckily) still waiting for someone to complete the UTF-8 stuff.

Danuvius wrote:

Yeah sure, we hate all those European countries with their funny languages a lot and use this to punish them..... NOT.
As said before, some work still needs to be done, and you guys still can post to the other languages forum. This is also an important criterium for us to see if it makes sense to open a new forum - the last post in a thread marked with [HU] was made on Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:23.
There was some activity at a certain time, but with that lack of activity i'd not suggest creating a forum even if the UTF-8 stuff was already finished.

Danuvius wrote:

I'm disappointed that you think we are conspiring against the Hungarians even though we've explained why we can't create a new forum, and i'm also disappointed you demand a forum for a non existant user group that badly.
If you really care so much, why don't you go fix the UTF-8 stuff and promote Gentoo in Hungary so there is an actual user base.

1. A Hungarian forum could get by with ISO-8859-1 encoding.

2. You put words into my mouth that make my argument seem absurd. I wrote what I wrote to express how I feel. You don't have to like it... though your reply does not entirely persuade me to think I was wrong.

3. Why don't I go fix the UTF-8 stuff that is not needed for a Hungarian userbase and get a Hungarian userbase when clearly Gentoo could care less about even the existing users? Oh... no reason. Though chicken and the egg does come to mind a bit.

4. You are an idiot if you think I was suggesting some anti-Hungarian conspiracy. Catalans appear to be treated even worse than Hungarians. As I recall there was a much celebrated post suggesting that all Catalans speak Spanish, so time shouldn't be wasted on providing them with a forum of their own, where they can communicate in their own language.
pilla
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danuvius wrote:

1. A Hungarian forum could get by with ISO-8859-1 encoding.

2. You put words into my mouth that make my argument seem absurd. I wrote what I wrote to express how I feel. You don't have to like it... though your reply does not entirely persuade me to think I was wrong.

3. Why don't I go fix the UTF-8 stuff that is not needed for a Hungarian userbase and get a Hungarian userbase when clearly Gentoo could care less about even the existing users? Oh... no reason. Though chicken and the egg does come to mind a bit.

4. You are an idiot if you think I was suggesting some anti-Hungarian conspiracy. Catalans appear to be treated even worse than Hungarians. As I recall there was a much celebrated post suggesting that all Catalans speak Spanish, so time shouldn't be wasted on providing them with a forum of their own, where they can communicate in their own language.

The forums are maintained by voluntary work, not paid, and I don't think we deserve such attacks. If we still don't have a forum for Hungarian users, it isn't because we don't like Hungarians, it's due to the other reasons that have been posted in this thread.

Calling amne an idiot doesn't help you either. Banned until you cool down and apologize. Thread locked.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: