Language programs
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:43 am    Post subject: Language programs Reply with quote

I have this nifty program for windows called 'Complete Spanish.' I got it a few years ago and never really put it to good use but I actually sat down the other day with the intention of trying to pick up the language. Not wanting to switch over to my other OS for just this one program I decide to install it via wine. Installation goes ok but it keeps on coming up with some issues (some registration thing) when I try to run the program itself. But that's besides the point. Bottom line is that I'm not in any mood to wrestle with wine right now so I wanted to ask and find out if there is any language-teaching program out there for linux (Looking for spanish, namely) A brief look into portage didn't come up with anything so I figured I'd try the forums. Any suggestions?
luisfelipe
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of one specifically for spanish. There are some for japanese, and even one for latin (in KDE).
But mostly, the programs I see people using on linux to learn a language are those flash card programs.
And they are only good to help you remember, not to teach you new stuff :(

Another thing you can do to help you out is to change your default language to spanish. Friend of mine did
that (with french), and he said it helped him out to learn a few of the basics.
alienjon
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha :) . Talk about diving in head first, I like it. Don't know if I got the gusta to give it a serious shot, but I'll keep that one in mind, thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: