View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mb
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2002 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not using dri.... i got nvidia... all set up & running.. the gentoo winex ebuild is running fine...

i checked out (as described on the transgaming hp) :

Code:

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex login
Hit Enter when prompted for a password
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.winex.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/winex co wine

and i run ./tools/wineinstall

strange....

#mb
akvalentine
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neuron wrote:
aslong as you own the product you can modify it in ANY way you like aslong as you don't resell it / give it to anyone modified.

Unfortunately, that isn't true. The DMCA makes it illegal (in the US) to circumvent and copy-protection technologies, even if you own the product. Because of this it is illegal to make backup copies of copy-protected software that you own or watch DVD movies on Linux despite the fact the the fair-use laws specifically allows this. Sign the anti-DMCA petition to try to put a stop to this stupidity. http://www.petitiononline.com/nixdmca/petition.html
neuron
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn, I didn't know that, that has to be fairly new, looked into that a while ago.

(and I don't come from the us, and it's perfectly legal here :) )
tba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: wine and office Reply with quote

i tired all this w/ fifa 2002, which i heard should work, but all i get is "fifa is not installed correctly" no bid deal, but i cant install office, and i used to be able to on another machine using the same setup (winesetuptk).

it mentions not being able to "delete key" and gives what looks like a registry address...

anyone have any suggestions
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:18 pm    Post subject: DMCA garbage Reply with quote

akvalentine wrote:
neuron wrote:
aslong as you own the product you can modify it in ANY way you like aslong as you don't resell it / give it to anyone modified.

Unfortunately, that isn't true. The DMCA makes it illegal (in the US) to circumvent and copy-protection technologies, even if you own the product. Because of this it is illegal to make backup copies of copy-protected software that you own or watch DVD movies on Linux despite the fact the the fair-use laws specifically allows this. Sign the anti-DMCA petition to try to put a stop to this stupidity. http://www.petitiononline.com/nixdmca/petition.html

Well this is hugely debate-able! There is also a law that permits us (quite contrarily to the above mentioned) to make back-up copies of any media we have purchased to protect us consumers from losing something we have paid to own. So I am waiting for a good old law suit to come out (finally) and get this huge contradiction sorted out (or as you mention the anti-DMCA petition could ultimately straighten things out before a major lawsuit ever occurs.) At any rate, I choose to put more wait (personally) on the law that allows me to make a back-up copy of any media I have rightfully purchased--Then if some day some big corporation decides they want to sue me maybe I will become that needed big lawsuit to finally settle which law "wins" over the other. In the meantime I wouldn't sweat "cracks" too much.

Regards,
BonezTheGoon

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
line72
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was using the prepackaged winex from transfaming (2.0.1) and it still said warcraft couldnt' find directx 8.1 (i let me install anyway though) but i couldnt' get it to run. I'm going to try that registry thing

-Line72
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

line72 did the registry hack work? How did you do it? Did you find another way to get it working? Hows it going?

Let us know whats up!

Thanks,
BonezTheGoon

pjp wrote:
The greater evil is voting for the "lesser evil."
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: