Wacom Graphire2 and kernel 2.5.65
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:29 pm    Post subject: Wacom Graphire2 and kernel 2.5.65 Reply with quote

Hi there,
I just compiled the latest kernel (2.5.65, as you know) with the fancy X performance patch and all. I also installed the module-init-tools package.

But now my Wacom Graphire2 tablet won't work... The driver is loaded OK (no errors or even warnings) and a Ctrl+Alt+F1 to the console to which X outputs its extensive loads of output (...) tells me that the driver even recognizes the tablet (it says "Wacom Graphire2 4x5", which is correct and the same as it said with other kernels).

Is there anyone out there with a Graphire2 and a 2.5.65-kernel who can tell me how they set up their modules.autoload and XF86Config-files?

My modules.autoload:
(without the comments and irrelevant devices)
evdev
wacom

Is something missing? The 2.4.20-kernel "shipping" with Gentoo loaded all the proper modules on a modprobe wacom, where the same on this kernel only loads the wacom module, not those I would suspect it to depend on. (and which it did in the old kernel)

- Simon, Denmark
Cossins
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, by the way: XFree 4.2.1
deque
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I can't be of help to you, as I am battling a first-gen graphire ATM. I have a post here that details the problem pretty well. If you could provide some tips, I would appreciate it greatly. One thing I neglected to mention in my other post is that I have no module evdev. Assuming that is the hid raw event module, I have it compiled directly into the kernel. Could this be a problem?

-Thanks-

-Deque- [/url]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: