View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kilianh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:49 pm    Post subject: Openoffice 2.0.0 broken because of missing libraries Reply with quote

I just emerged openoffice-2.0.0 successfully and wanted to start oowrite2 but it gives me the following error:

Code:

/usr/lib/openoffice/program/javaldx: error while loading shared libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libucbhelper3gcc3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

This has been there since rc2, and I have no clue why this happens. The "equery files openoffice" listing does *not* contain the above libraries, neither does "find /usr -name libucbhelper3gcc3.so", cause re-logging in to update potentially new LD settings made no difference. A revdep-rebuild just wants to reinstall OOo-2.0.0, but I doubt that'll help (besides taking another 7,25h, wow, my Pentium M 1.5 is quite fast ;-)). Also, the above libraries obviously belong to OOo and no other package.

My use flags are quite standard, and I'm using the same CFLAGS that I've been using since I got this laptop (~1.5 years ago)
Code:

Kilianslaptop usr # emerge -pv openoffice
(...)
[ebuild   R   ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl +eds +gnome +java +kde -ldap +mozilla -nas +python +xml2 +zlib 0 kB

Any clues as to why my OO is broken? I know, I could just use openoffice-bin instead, but that defeats Gentoo's point of source compilations and having a CHOICE 8)
NeddySeagoon
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kilianh,

run revdep-rebuild from gentoolkit. emerge gentoolkit if required.
It will tell you what things have become broken by emerge -uD world and emerge the things required to fix them.

NeddySeagoon

Computer users fall into two groups:-
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.
kilianh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I said I doubt a revdep-rebuild would help, as the missing libraries are - according to a google search (finds them on rpmfind.net as part of OOo) - supposed to be installed by OOo but are clearly not. So it can't be a version conflict.

Just to be sure I'm revdep'ing as I write this, and will try emerging openoffice-2.0.0 again, but I don't expect too much. I'll post again tomorrow when I have results.
ndarlow
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have openoffice-2.0.0 emerged on my x86 system:
Code:
neil@aurora ~ $ locate libuno_sal.so.3
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/libuno_sal.so.3

neil@aurora ~ $ locate libucbhelper3gcc3.so
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/libucbhelper3gcc3.so

I have sun-jdk-1.4.2.09 as my Java environment and FORCE_JAVA="yes" in /etc/make.conf (I'm not sure if it's required for newer OpenOffice builds) otherwise there is nothing special about my setup. Those files do exist as the result of a successful emerge.

Regards,
Neil Darlow
Kev111
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I only want to say, that I have the same problem.

Here is the output, when i start oowriter for example:
Code:
oowriter2
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/javaldx: error while loading shared libraries: libuno_sal.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
file_image_pagein: Invalid argument
[...]
file_image_pagein: Invalid argument
/usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/openoffice/program/libvcl680li.so: file too short

I merged Open Office with these flags:

Code:

[ebuild   R   ] app-office/openoffice-2.0.0  +curl +eds -gnome -gtk +java +kde -ldap -mozilla +nas +xml2 +zlib

I already let revdep-rebuild ran, but it doesn't help and now I have no idea, what to do...

So far,

Kevin
kilianh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm getting desperate :x Re-emerged openoffice last night after at least 5 revdep-rebuild's which, as expected, fixed up unrelated library issues only. The problem definitely seems to lie in the ebuild process, somewhere along the line I think it fails to compile these libraries but continue regardless.

Hmm, am close to filing a bug report, but I'll emerge it one more time tonight and log everything it spits out.
MrStaticVoid
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem. RC2 and RC3 worked perfectly, but not this build.
MrStaticVoid
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured out that that error occured when I ran out of space during the build. I freed up some hard drive space and recompiled and it's running well now.
J_Omega
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhrmm... I'm trying to figure out a different issue perhaps.

Installed openoffice-bin 2, and it shows up on a revdep-rebuild over and over.
It always finishes the rebuild, and works, just odd that it never leaves the revdep-rebuild.
kilianh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, after much experimentation I figured out that MrStaticVoid is right, the problem was due to insufficient space in the first place. Only after I had 3.8GB free in my 4GB /var did it emerge successfully, without giving me any hassles.

My original attempt ran out of space but kept on going regardless, giving a false impression of a successful build. Would be nice if the ebuild instead stopped dead in its tracks if that happens...

Yes, when I had openoffice-bin installed revdep-rebuild also wanted to reinstall it every time. This is what it gives me for straight openoffice:
Code:

Checking dynamic linking consistency...
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libmozabdrv2.so'
  broken /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libmozabdrv2.so (requires libcppu.so.3 libcppuhelpergcc3.so.3 libvos3gcc3.so libsal.so.3 libdbtools2.so libcomphelp3gcc3.so libstlport_gcc.so)
ldd: warning: you do not have execution permission for `/opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libmozab2.so'
  broken /opt/OpenOffice.org/program/libmozab2.so (requires libcppu.so.3 libcppuhelpergcc3.so.3 libvos3gcc3.so libsal.so.3 libdbtools2.so libcomphelp3gcc3.so libstlport_gcc.so)
 done.

Though it doesn't want to rebuild ooo in this case, says linking is consistent. As far as I can remember ooo-bin had a similar problem. No idea what the permissions thing means(all its libs have 444), but I checked out if the "required" libs are there, and low and behold, libdbtools2.so does not exist (only libdbtools680li.so) and neither does libcomphelp3gcc3.so (only libcomphelp4gcc3.so). Probably a USE=mozilla compilation/renaming problem in the build.

Since this is only related to mozilla which I don't use anymore, I don't really care. My problem is solved, am basking in the glory of a gentoo splash screen and KDE icons :D
rstanchak
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nooooo! I had the same running out of space issue, but I don't want to rebuild again on my poor P3 600. I suppose it is time to set up distcc.
kilianh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK distcc does not work with ooo so I'm afraid you're stuck with either recompiling or ooo-bin
mhoskins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Thanks MrStatic Reply with quote

MrStaticVoid wrote:
I figured out that that error occured when I ran out of space during the build. I freed up some hard drive space and recompiled and it's running well now.

Same thing. And I'm with rstanchak - At least I have dual P3 750s. I feel for ya. This is about a 17-hour compile for me. And kilianh gets my vote too. If the end-game is not going to run, I wish it would just dig its heals in and stop.

See ya in 17-hours.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: