Help with LNE100tx 5.1
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GentooMatic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Help with LNE100tx 5.1 Reply with quote

Hello.

I've installed onto a PII 300mhz from a stage 1 tarbal and at startup fromt he CD it recognized the network card. Now after all is said and done, I've rebooted and I do not have network access.

I discovered that I did not compile the kernel with the right network driver, I've since recompiled it with a 'dec tulip' driver. I didn not choose the two sub options.

After the rebuild and reboot I still do not have anything in ifconfig -a other than the 'lo' entry.

I built the driver as "build in" so I'm assuming that is why I don't see anything within "/lib/modules/2.4.20-gentoo-r2/kernel/drivers/net/"? I see dummy.o and that is it.

Oh and before I forget, I've changed
Code:

/etc/conf.d/net

to have

Code:

iface_eth0="dhcp"

as I have my own internal lan hooked up to an internal dhcp/switch / routher.

Hmm what else do I need to post? the card is foudn via the /proc/pci information so that isn't the issue. I suppose the tulip driver might not be working with this card.. How could I find out?

Maybe everyting is ready and I simply need to add the finally configuration step? I've taken a hard look at the online install guide for x86 but I'm missing something.

Any ideas or questions for me?
GentooMatic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved!

I simply forgot the last command for copying my newly build kernel into the boot area!!

Silly me
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: