compiling drip for ppc?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doppler
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:43 am    Post subject: compiling drip for ppc? Reply with quote

drip would not compile for me, and i strongly suspect it's due to native x86 assembly code:

/tmp/ccyP1REX.s:289: Error: Unrecognized opcode: 'emms'
/tmp/ccyP1REX.s:493: Error: Unrecognized opcode: 'emms'

seems there were one or two other packages that would not compile for ppc due to assembly language problems, too. maybe these packages should not be a part of the ports offered for gentoo/ppc or at least be masked until they're fixed?

so my two questions are: 1) is it usually possible to make minor tweaks in x86 assembly to make it work on ppc? and 2) do all versions of gentoo (x86/ppc/sparc) sources come from the same place? it seems so from what i can tell.

-doppler
soopurman
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: svgalib, too Reply with quote

AFAIK, x86 and PPC ebuilds used to be on seperate portage trees, but these have since been merged into one common tree.
i also could not compile svgalib, aparently for the same, or at least a very similar, reason . . .

- mike
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, used to be seperate, now a single tree....

svgalib is known to not currently work with ppc from the vendor either, I'll have to check that to make sure it's masked as well.

Gerk
trance
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 9:48 pm    Post subject: failed PPC ebuilds Reply with quote

Hi guys, if something fails for you, could you do us all a huge favor, and check to see if it has an open PPC bug in bugs.gentoo.org, and if not, please open one up?

One of the things we're working on is helping make the ppc port better by tracking and fixing as many bugs as we possibly can, but we can't find them all, so if you do find one, please let us know =)

Thanks

trance
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: