Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
mozilla emerge with kde3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:38 am    Post subject: mozilla emerge with kde3 Reply with quote

i only have kde3 installed in gentoo and i emerged mozilla and it built fine i am posting this from it....but how do i add it to say either the desktop , taskbar or start menu ...now i have to run it by typing mozilla frm a konsole....thanks
justus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:26 am    Post subject: Should be easy :) Reply with quote

The easiest will be to add it to the KMenu...

1. Right-click on the K and you will see an option for menu editor.
2. In the menu editor click on the section (left side of window) of the menu you want this to appear in (ie. Internet) and then click on the "New Item" button at the top of the window.
3. When asked for the name enter "Mozilla" or however you want to identify it.
4. On the right side you will now have a list of options... The only two options you need are command (enter "mozilla" here) and the Icon which you can change to a suitable icon.
5. Click apply and it will be in your menu.

Now if you have a program listed in your menu then you can easily add a link to your taskbar just by right clicking on the taskbar.

1. right click on taskbar
2. go to add
3. go to button
4. find the menu item to add and click on it.
5. It will then appear on the taskbar.

With the taskbar (called "kicker") you can also drag and drop programs onto it. This is also true of the desktop. You can drag an item from the K-menu to either the desktop or kicker and then they will be runable.

I hope that helps :)

Justin T

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2002 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks....just downloaded some cool icons from kde-look.org and linked mozilla to one on the desktop....i know these are simple things but im a noob

i installed mosfet-liquid from kde-look too can i install the crystal icons also or does that need crystal-artwork in kde to work...and can that be added after kde has already been emerged?

thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: