glibc-2.3.1r4 errors
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
djprotoss
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:52 am    Post subject: glibc-2.3.1r4 errors Reply with quote

I am trying to put gentoo on my friends k6-2 and it bombs out everytime it tries to compile glibc 2.3.1r4, firstly when i was u/g then (after wiping the disk) whilst bootstrapping. it finds an illegal instruction in SunRPC... any thoughts? (i'm trying to force it to use 2.3.2 a.t.m. so if anyone knows a reason for me not to, I would appreciate it).
Cheers.
Oliver
tapir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to have the same problem here. Also on a k6-2 and it bombs out at the same spot. :cry:
Carik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 6:37 pm    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

Yeah... I've been having problems too. I don't recall where (though I'm trying again, so I'll put the error message at the end of this message, if I get one). I'm using a K6-2 500mhz box.

I don't know a lot about this, but I know a few people on non-k6-2 processors who got it to compile. Anyone else see a connection?

Here's the error message:

glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/buildhere/crypt:/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/buildhere/linuxthreads /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/buildhere/sunrpc/rpcgen -Y ../scripts -c rpcsvc/bootparam_prot.x -o /var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/buildhere/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.T
make[2]: *** [/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/buildhere/sunrpc/xbootparam_prot.stmp] Illegal instruction
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1/sunrpc'
make[1]: *** [sunrpc/others] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/glibc-2.3.1-r4/work/glibc-2.3.1'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: sys-libs/glibc-2.3.1-r4 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 213, Exitcode 2
!!! (no error message)
tapir
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:oops:

Seems that I had the CHPOST flag wrong in my /etc/make.conf. For a k6 it ought to be CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu" it seems. After changing this it worked for me.

Greetings,

Rutger 8)
Carik
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2003 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tapir wrote:
:oops:

Seems that I had the CHPOST flag wrong in my /etc/make.conf. For a k6 it ought to be CHOST="i586-pc-linux-gnu" it seems. After changing this it worked for me.

Greetings,

Rutger 8)

Ah.... I thought I had that set, but it'd changed. I know I ran one emerge -u world that told me it was modifying the make.conf, and I guess I forgot to fix it. Hopefully that'll fix the problem. 8-)

Thanks!
-Carik
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: