Nessus 2.0.3
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NightMonkey
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 5:53 am    Post subject: Nessus 2.0.3 Reply with quote

Hi, all. There's a new Nessus that's been out for a bit. I searched bugs.gentoo.org, and there's an ebuild made, but it's not in Portage (as of 30 minutes ago). Anyone know why? There's some good new features in the update...
rommel
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have just added all of it to /usr/local/portage and its building now so you could do the same.

you will need to have that directory enabled in make.conf to start then create directories for each of the things needed , nessus-libraries , libnasl ,nessus-core , nessus-plugins , nessus

example
Code:
#mkdir -p /usr/local/portage/net-analyser/nessus-libraries/files

then
Code:
# cp /usr/portage/net-analyzer/nessus-libraries/nessus-libraries-2.0.0.ebuild /usr/local/portage/net-analyzer/nessus-libraries/nessus-libraries-2.0.3.ebuild

cd to the newly created files directory and issue
Code:
ebuild ../nessus-libraries-2.0.3.ebuild digest

this needs to done for each of the 5 listed above , and there also is a .diff and patch in the libnasl files directory ....the nasl.diff needs to be copied and the patch needs to be renamed as would the ebuilds to libnasl-2.0.3-gentoo.patch.

one thing else i noticed is that in the nessus files directory there were two files nessusd and nessusd-r6 i copied them to the nessus files directory in local portage and there was a nessud-r6 in the files direcory of nessus-core that to i copied to the new files directory in local portage nessus-core.

that should be it i think ... it seems to be running fine
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: