Netra T1 build failed
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tljensen
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Netra T1 build failed Reply with quote

I have a Netra T1 with 1 GByte ram, and 18-GByte hard drive. I have carefully followed the installation instructions installing stage-3. Everthing went without any problem until I tried the build. The build proceeded, but quit with the following error message. It looks like this was at the end of the build.

Any clues??

------------------------------------ log of build messages
<Lots of stuff cut out>...
:
:
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc'
scripts/mkdep -- `find /usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/include/asm /usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/include/linux /usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/include/scsi /usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/include/net /usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/include/math-emu \( -name SCCS -o -name .svn \) -prune -o -follow -name \*.h ! -name modversions.h -print` > .hdepend
scripts/mkdep -- init/*.c > .depend
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/arch/sparc64/boot'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/vmlinux', needed by `image'. Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.31-sparc/arch/sparc64/boot'
make: *** [image] Error 2
------------------------------------

Thankks...tljensen
jonathanross
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I can't help really but try using the newer kernel and going through the whole install again (kernel-2.4.31-r2).

It worked for me on the same machine.

See my headaches though, here: https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-388905.html

I have just managed to get a modem working properly on Serial Port 2 (ttys1) and also have LOM access working for my terminal server, despite other reports that it wasn't possible on Netra X1s and T1s, I can tell you it is :D

Hope that helps,

Jon
freshy98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using a 2.6.x kernel. 2.6.6 is still on one of my T1's and runs perfectly so it seems.
If you want I can dig up the config file for it which you can use for a newer kernel version as 2.6.6 isn't anymore.
I used the development-sources at the time. However, using 2.6.13.4 should be ok when you make oldconfig it in.

Let me know if you need it.
RMV
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

freshy98 wrote:
Try using a 2.6.x kernel. 2.6.6 is still on one of my T1's and runs perfectly so it seems.
If you want I can dig up the config file for it which you can use for a newer kernel version as 2.6.6 isn't anymore.
I used the development-sources at the time. However, using 2.6.13.4 should be ok when you make oldconfig it in.

Let me know if you need it.

Can you send me your config file for 2.6.x kernel ? My email - rmv at mailbox dot lv
freshy98
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMV, e-mail is send.

For all others who want the config, please know that it was made with sys-kernel/developmennt-sources which no longer exist.
I have no idea as of yet wether it will work with vanilla or other sources.

I have my 2.6.6 tarred up, but need a FTP server, or whatever, to put it on if others want it.
My own home web/ftp server if not up 24/7 yet since I recently moved into my own house.

Msg me here or in private if you need any of the two.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: