xorg-unichrome 6.8.2 ebuild ViaXvMC unichrome support
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattsteven
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: xorg-unichrome 6.8.2 ebuild ViaXvMC unichrome support Reply with quote

I've hacked together a new xorg-unichrome ebuild for my own computer, if anyone wants to use it feel free:

Includes xorg-x11 6.8.2, unichrome release 30, and ViaXvMC 0.13.3 suitable for the newer MythTV ebuilds

http://www.matts.org/gentoo/xorg-unichrome-6.8.2-r30.ebuild

Download it to
/usr/local/portage/x11-base/xorg-unichrome/
or your local overlay.

This is the original gentoo 6.8.2-r2 changed to have fixed URL's (rather than ${P}) for the regular xorg-x11 patches and the addition of the unichrome patches as seen in a previous xorg-unichrome ebuild.

It's ugly as hell but until unichrome is fully supported it gets the job done for me anyway.

Edit:

To get myth to merge when it complains about no xv support, the following will get you by in a pinch if you DID compile your xorg-unichrome with xv:

ln -s /var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-unichrome-6.8.2-r30/ /var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r30
emerge mythtv ...
rm -f /var/db/pkg/x11-base/xorg-x11-6.8.2-r30
mattsteven
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this is an often viewed post, so just to update:

Supposedly if you emerge the regular xorg-x11 with the "insecure-drivers" USE flag it should build support for the unichrome/via chipsets at this point. I found a bug about it, but since Gentoo's bugzilla is down at the moment I can't point you there.

I have had mixed results, I ended up having to recompile the via driver inside the compiled xorg source directory due to unresolved symbols, but that may have been an end result of my seriously borked hack job the first time around. See unichrome.sf.net's project docs if you also have to do this.
winmutt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: xorg-unichrome 6.8.2 ebuild ViaXvMC unichrome support Reply with quote

mattsteven wrote:

http://www.matts.org/gentoo/xorg-unichrome-6.8.2-r30.ebuild

This URL is dead.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: