Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
freeswan ipsec.o and netfilter (iptables)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Isn't it useful to use VPN and IPTABLES together?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 4 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

rmeytin
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2002 9:30 am    Post subject: freeswan ipsec.o and netfilter (iptables) Reply with quote

Argh,
I've been up for hours trying to get ipsec working and I am going quite mad at this point. I am using gentoo-sources 2.4.19-r9. I had all o FREESWAN thing being compiled as a module. Everything would compile and install fine but depmod -a would complain about nf_hook and nf_hook_slow beiung unresolved. I tried this and that and finally figured out (it took hours!) that NETFILTER has to be disabled. Now this is contrary to EVRYTHING I read on freeswan online. In fact most people suggest having iptables compiled. To top this off when NETFILTERES is compiled /proc/ksyms reports that nf_hook is present, yet depmod complains. Now I have NETFILTER disabled, nf_hook is NOT in /proc/ksyms, yet ipsec.o now loads fine. This makes no sense to me. Could someone please explain, before I go raving mad from confusion.
:x
Thanks,
-roman
gilesc
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 12:28 pm    Post subject: Firstly Reply with quote

OK. Firstly I have netfilter installed, and I have compiled the module for FreeS/WAN, I have not yet tried connecting to another peer though.

Just for FYI - I'm using the vanilla sources, patched with the CVS snapshot of the patch-o-matic of 20030330

I then decided to ditch the emerge of freeswan-1.98b and went for downloading the source of freeswan-1.99 from the freeswan homepage.

By the way, release candidates for freeswan-2.00 are becoming available.

to compile I just did a make oldmodule which created the pluto ipsec.o module for my kernel. It appears to load OK and all my netfilter stuff continues to work.

Just though this might be a pointer for you.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: