Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
f3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ paleksic (The Big Man) :)
Calm down, I don't make nothing here, this is just my suggestion.
My opinion is that separate forums are better, and as I say.

f3 wrote:
I think that ex-yu, or any other name that try to united as in one not good, you whil probably see that if you go with YU name, because they will be always someone who don't approve YU and incidens can happen any time.

f3 wrote:
On this way everybody happy, and users(Serbs and Croats) will any way always take a peek in they nabers forums to see is there something interested.

There are no a terrible waste of resources and time, it can be maded easily.
I'll support whatever majority decide.

cp_tar wrote:
Whoever cares to bring politics into a technical forum is unwelcome in advance: if you care about the nationality of the person giving you a solution to your problem, and will not accept the right answer from a "wrong" person, you're wasting everyone's time.

Of course I don't care about that, if you think on me!
lvuletic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This become ridicolous in just 12 hours from my first post here... Seems like I will stick to http://www.gentoo-srbija.org/ and original gentoo forums.
cp_tar
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If both groups will regularly check out their neighbours' forum, why not make it a joint one?

I am yet another user that absolutely will not check either of the two forums if they are created as separate; as a future English teacher, I have no trouble looking for advice (or giving it, should it come to that) in English.
However, if people here cannot refrain from such childish behaviour, I most certainly can refrain from dealing with them.

So if you want separate forums, go right ahead; I am quite certain you'll get on just fine without me.
Instead of gathering as much people as possible - regardless of nationality - so that the new forum could get up-and-running with as many users as possible, you squabble about trifles.
Serves you right if the forum(s) never open.

Za one koji ne razumiju engleski:
Ako æe obje grupe redovito posjeæivati forum svojih susjeda, za¹to uopæe stvarati odvojene forume?

Ja sam jo¹ jedan korisnik koji ni u kojem sluèaju neæe posjeæivati niti jedan od dvaju foruma ako ih se takvima stvori; kao buduæem profesoru engleskog mi taj jezik nimalo ne smeta.
Ipak, ako se ljudi ovdje ne mogu suzdr¾ati od djetinjastog pona¹anja, ja se mogu suzdr¾ati od komunikacije s njima.

Dakle, ¾elite li odvojene forume, samo dajte; siguran sam da æete se snaæi i bez mene.
Umjesto da sakupite ¹to vi¹e potencijalnih korisnika, neovisno o narodnosti, tako da ¹to prije pokrenemo forum sa ¹to veæim brojem korisnika, prepucavate se oko pizdarija.
Pravo vam budi ako se forum(i) nikad ne otvori/e.
nixnut
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look guys, these forums are meant as a resource for Gentoo users. The only purpose here is sharing knowledge with other gentoo users. Anything else you can take elsewhere. If you feel you can't seperate your nationality from being a gentoo user, then you need to find a place somewhere else on the internet.

The "international" forums exist because not everybody is comfortable with english, not because of any need to comfort hurt nationalist feelings or to promote them.

If two (or more) groups speak basically the same language people can share knowledge using that one language. So there is no need to create more national forums if the purpose is just sharing knowledge. If you can't live with that you are obviously not willing to get into the spirit of these forums. If you want to balkanize gentoo go find/create your own forums.

Conclusion: the chances of both a serbian and a croatian forum are slim to none. Get over it.

/me is tempted to suggest [FB] .....Friggin' Balkans :roll: :wink:

talk is cheap. supply exceeds demand
f3
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cp_tar wrote:
If both groups will regularly check out their neighbours' forum, why not make it a joint one?

Becouse it's clear out even now that some people don't approve common forum, you see some comments on forum.hr, if admin's made one forum incidens like that can happen any time, from both sides.
That is the problem I try to point on, and if a deal happen, it don't mean that in future will be no problems.
I still stand up for separate forums(if there is a wish from those who not approve SR to made they own)
I specify reasons why it's better to this be forum on SR, after all, the man who get this started called it Serbian @ International Gentoo Users, some made a proposition to united all ex-yu languages in one forum, other did't approve it.

cp_tar wrote:
So if you want separate forums, go right ahead; I am quite certain you'll get on just fine without me.

That's foolish, what if I say: So if you don't want to separate forums, go right ahead; I am quite certain you'll get on just fine without me.
All fact's need to be considered so decision that admin's made be the best posible.
I'll support whatever majority decide.

Over and out for this topic.
lvuletic
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can name it ex-yu, but many would flame such name. you can call it serbian-croatian forum, but many croats would start scremain' "why are serbians first in the name of the forum!". you can expect the same reactions if forum is named vice-versa.

anyway, initiative originated from users from serbia, so name serbian-croatian makes sense. whoever wanna join is welcomed. unless someone of bitchers mentioned in previous posts can't think of any politically and nationaly neutral name, they do not have to come.
cp_tar
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[FB] sounds quite all right, I must say :D

I don't give a rat's ass about what some moron or other at forum.hr has to say; it is a large forum and morons are plentiful.
What really matters is how we who come here choose to name it.
That is, if any of us still have anything to say about it...
I'd like to know what's the current status of $NAME and $IDEA so as to remove my vote if necessary - I wouldn't vote for an Albanian forum as it is none of my business, so I wouldn't want my vote to count if I rules change in mid-game.

The Ex-Yu name may get flamed as much as any other, but it is still most neutral IMO - the flames that may come will come from either side ;)
Besides, that's what moderators are for - put up one announcement explaining the name and purge any flames that start about it.
KOLE89
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2005 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually agee with cp_tar: there should be Serbian-Croatian forum because people talk similar languages and it is easy to understand each other.

Ex-YU and YU is not good name IMO because Slovenian's and Macedonians hardly understand Serbian and Croatian language. But there will always be someone from Montenegro and Bosnia (or from Croatia for Croatian-Serbian name) who will want name change so... I'm not that smart :mrgreen:

Last edited by KOLE89 on Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
dylan_stark
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from Serbia, but I agree with cp_tar.

Forum moze biti samo kvalitetniji sa vise korisnika.
Apetrini
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixnut wrote:
Look guys, these forums are meant as a resource for Gentoo users. The only purpose here is sharing knowledge with other gentoo users. Anything else you can take elsewhere. If you feel you can't seperate your nationality from being a gentoo user, then you need to find a place somewhere else on the internet.

The "international" forums exist because not everybody is comfortable with english, not because of any need to comfort hurt nationalist feelings or to promote them.

If two (or more) groups speak basically the same language people can share knowledge using that one language. So there is no need to create more national forums if the purpose is just sharing knowledge.

This is no political forum!!!! Why we must do anythink in "political way"? There is no reason to kill sharing knowledges with political ideals. If Croation and Serbian people understand the same language... well why we have to separated the forums?
I can't immagine that the problem is the forum's name....
The name of forum could be "Balkan" too...
The Ennead
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Came across this thread whilst searching for something else and although I wouldn't strictly "use" the forum in a participatory sense, I would like to see it happen as i'm trying to learn Serbian (and doing so rather badly :lol: ) at the moment and anything that gives me an opportunity to sit with a dictionary looking up words whilst at the same time providing interest (i:e Gentoo) is a benefit to me. 8)

and btw...politics? otw :P
nogga
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in.
n00b from start but don't know much 'bout linux,but still learning.
igor24
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in, too.
Vebel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm here too, ready to learn!
[YU] is fine by me.
zpet731
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I stumbled across this thread purely by accident, so I've decided to give you my two cents worth. Now I started reading the post from the very beginning and got sick of it half way through. There is undeniable evidence that this Serbian, Croatian EX-YU debate is causing a problem. The post is already 3 pages long and I think it is going in circles. It doesn't go for no reason: "Nedaj Boze da se Srbi sloze".

Just to let you all know that I am willing to help out in the forums, no matter what you decide to call it. After all it is going to serve the same purpose. Once everyone gets a chance to share their opinion and propose a debate, we can get started.

As you can all tell I live in Sydney Australia. I have been using Linux for the last 6 years and Gentoo for the past 3. I study Computer Engineering at the University of New South Wales. I have some experience in installing Linux on the x86 and amd64 architectures. I have and still do hit on many problems, but rarely anything that cant be resolved within the gentoo community.

So hope to see you guys around, and pm me if any direct help is needed. (Always happy to help)!

Zoran
TheAmbassador
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too:)
Am new to Gentoo.
Gergan Penkov
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The name of forum could be "Balkan" too...
but not
Quote:
Friggin' Balkans

as
Quote:
frig sl vi vt :
masturbate (esp. females), syn. kit-kat shuffle, as well as fuck, ‘frigging in the rigging’.

probably nixnut does not know the original meaning of the world ::)))
Be glad you finally walked away or you may have not lived another day."
Godsmack
carlo45
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have my vote..
techcode
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vote - either Serbian (Srpski) or Serbo-Croatian (Srpsko-Hrvatski) I dont care as long as there are enough people and content.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: