ps ax shows--> /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4 not workin
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mwickes
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: ps ax shows--> /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4 not workin Reply with quote

Hi all, I have apache , ssl, php installed. Apache is serving up web pages but ssl and php is not working. I have made sure to add the application/php mime types to the /etc/apache/conf/mime.types file. I have also made sure that APACHE_OPTS="-D SSL -D PHP4" is uncommented in /etc/conf.d/apache and I have verifyed that apache is running or supposed to be running with ssl & pghp support. When I do an ps ax I see the following entries:

1736 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4
1737 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4
1738 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4
1739 ? S 0:00 /usr/sbin/apache -D SSL -D PHP4

so what am I doing wrong. I have never had this amount of trouble getting php, mysql & ssl working. I did read the changelog for apache and I completly agree with the naming/location conventions because there are more than one httpd server packages out there. But please give me docs, how-to's or info on where the error of my ways are!!! :cry:

Thanks!

Mike
delta407

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so Apache is running with SSL and PHP4 options, great. But, did you do an emerge php and emerge mod_ssl first?

It's kind of hard to run PHP when you don't have it installed :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: