Nagios woes . . .
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jgaynor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:13 pm    Post subject: Nagios woes . . . Reply with quote

Hey all - I just emerged the current ebuild of Nagios and I dont think it went very well :). I realize it installs unconfigured, but the /nagios directory in my http root isn't even there. ANyone else have similar problems?
kashani
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:25 pm    Post subject: check the nagios conf files Reply with quote

from more /etc/apache/conf/addon-modules/nagios.conf it looks like nagios runs out of /usr/nagios/share/ for the web dir. Also you'll need to edit your /etc/conf.d/apache to load the nagios module.

kashani
jgaynor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 12:39 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

kashani, you da man. I couldn't find any documentation that said I had to create a symlink out of my apache root to the nagios directory. Thanks alot and I hope this helps the next confused newb out :).
kashani
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 1:29 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks! Reply with quote

jgaynor wrote:
kashani, you da man. I couldn't find any documentation that said I had to create a symlink out of my apache root to the nagios directory. Thanks alot and I hope this helps the next confused newb out :).

Actually you shouldn't need to do that. When you emerged nagios is should have asked you run:

Code:

ebuild /var/db/pkg/net-analyzer/nagios-core-1.0-r1/nagios-core-1.0-r1.ebuild config

This adds /etc/apache/conf/addon-modules/nagios.conf to your apache.conf so that it becomes a link within apache. When you run apache with -D NAGIOS, configured in /etc/conf.d/apache, it takes care of all the linking for you.

kashani
paul138
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget to start the process after you've spent 2 hours editing the config files ;-)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: