All kinds of issues on a Sunblade 150
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zate
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: All kinds of issues on a Sunblade 150 Reply with quote

Ok, here goes. Please be patient with me.. i'm not sure what info I need to provideor what order to fix the issues in.. i suspect some of them might be related.

• I have some fuzzy verticle lines on the screen after/during boot up. I use video=atyfb:1280x1024@60 .. infact I cant boot the install CD without using a video=line. When booting the install CD there are no lines or anything like that... just after I've done my build. I am also missing the first character on the left hand side, no amount of adjusting the screen works. Its a Mach 64 i think.
  • I have all kinds of issues doing an emerge sync , or emerging any packages. Version conflicts, invalid ELF headers etc etc. When I first built the machine i forgot to set defaults on the / filesystem in /etc/fstab and it was only loading my file systems with ro perms. I have that fixes now and it seems to be ok. This is my main issue right now.. i cant do an emerge sync.. although emerge-websync seems to do ok sometimes.. and when i could install packages, they downloaded from the web fine.
  • ssh fails to load complaining about libm.so.6 and invalid ELF headers.
  • I get devfs_mk_dev errors on boot.. something about could not append vcc/# (# being numbers). .. i am not 100% sure its vcc as thats right where the fuzzyness is causing sometimes double characters..

Thanks for your time.. if i need to provide some output of a comman or something let me know and I will get it.[/list]
greyhame
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of the kernel are you running? You can find this out by typing uname -v. Also what type of monitor are you using with the SunBlade 150. I've got the Sun LSA800 18.1" LCD Screen. I've only notice the vertical lines on the 2.6 kernel, so I am still using 2.4.29. libm.so.6 is provided by glibc, so you might have to boot off of a linux boot cd for sparc and chroot back into your gentoo install and try emerging glibc. It sounds like this install is pretty messed up you might also want to remove any USE flags you have in /etc/make.conf and do an emerge system from the chrooted environment. Could you post your /etc/make.conf?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: