Mplayer Problem and Question about Santa Cruz
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
techiem2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:30 am    Post subject: Mplayer Problem and Question about Santa Cruz Reply with quote

1. I can't get mplayer to emerge. I'm running on an AthlonXP. every time I emerge mplayer, it compiles with -mcpu=athlon-4, which causes the program to crash on run. I can manually compile it fine after editting it's make.conf to mcpu=athlon (athlon-xp crashed too), but that throws my portage tree off. :)

2. I have a TV tuner (Avermedia TV/FM98) and a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I'm trying to record using mrecord, but I get no audio. TV tuner goes to line in on Santa Cruz. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make it record the audio.
Sound works fine for TV playback using xawtv.
Thanks.

:)
sputnik1969
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 9:21 am    Post subject: Re: Mplayer Problem and Question about Santa Cruz Reply with quote

techiem2 wrote:
1. I can't get mplayer to emerge. I'm running on an AthlonXP. every time I emerge mplayer, it compiles with -mcpu=athlon-4, which causes the program to crash on run. I can manually compile it fine after editting it's make.conf to mcpu=athlon (athlon-xp crashed too), but that throws my portage tree off. :)

I just tried it with my PC (also Athlon-XP) and it compiles with -march=athlon-xp...
my CFLAGS & CCFLAGS are:
CFLAGS="-march=athlon-xp -O2 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fschedule-insns2 -ffast-math -mfpmath=sse,387"
Anyway, you can fix your Portage tree after "own-compiling" with
Code:
 emerge inject /usr/portage/media-video/mplayer/mplayer-0.90_rc5.ebuild

techiem2 wrote:

2. I have a TV tuner (Avermedia TV/FM98) and a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz. I'm trying to record using mrecord, but I get no audio. TV tuner goes to line in on Santa Cruz. I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to make it record the audio.
Sound works fine for TV playback using xawtv.
Thanks.

Try to set InputGain (IGAIN) to 100% and RecordSource to Line-In (if TV is plugged there)
Recordingvolume is controlled with IGAIN, not with the "normal" volumeslider.
techiem2
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K. Maybe I'll try that next time I compile it.
Guess someone needs to fix the ebuild so it reads the flaks from /etc/make.conf.
Sound: I have Igain all the way. I think I've tried setting about everything I can think of to record source. Still nothing. This is odd.
Mark II
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: