php and java
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stom2000
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: php and java Reply with quote

Hello,

I need to have java-support built into php (as apache module). I configured mod_php myself. It works fine, excpet for the java-support. The problem lies within php.ini. Does anyone know what settings I should give there. The Java-virtual machine I use is sun-jdk-1.4.1.01.

Greetings,
STom
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2003 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why didn't you just let portage install mod_php?
stom2000
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did let portage install mod_php. But then I had no java support. That's why I needed to configure it myself.

Greetings,

SToml
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have java in your USE flag and have java installed and setup correctly via portage and java-config, then mod_php should be setup correctly.
JeDi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the java stuff seems to be commented away in the ebuild (both php and mod_php). I tried uncommenting it, but it still doesn't work (I still can't find php_java.jar anywhere on the system after emerging).

I guess I'll compile it by hand too.

Greetz,
JeDi
djs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: JDK_HOME Reply with quote

the problem is that the ebuild is using ${JDK_HOME} to find the javac and jar programs and it's not defined. add:

JDK_HOME=/opt/blackdown-jdk-1.3.1

to your /etc/make.conf and that fixes it.

That got me past the java support configure tests, but now i'm stuck at the pcntl support. it's actually telling me that fork() is not supported!

/djs
rizzo
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No the JDK that you installed will set the JDK_HOME variable. You need to run env-update after installing the JDK (you should run it after any emerge), then 'source /etc/profile' to pick up the new variables.
djs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: tried that Reply with quote

ya, i tried env-update, but it didn't work. if i ran emerge info or tried emerging php again, it would still break at the Java Jar test. i added it to /etc/make.conf and voila, it passed the test.

That just gets you past the Java Jar test. You still have to disable the --enable-pcntl (process control) in the ebuild, or it'll fail there, too (absurdly, the test decides fork() isn't available on the os).

Then, you'll get stuck on this readline test though. another guy (on the alt.os.linux.*.gentoo) mentions having this same problems. These may be problems in the 4.3.1 release of php, rather than the ebuild or gentoo. Maybe the php guys aren't using the latest version of glibc as gentoo does, combined with gcc3.2.x.

/djs
dliefbroer
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Strange enough Reply with quote

Strange enough java get's enabled in php and then disabled in mod_php, anyone know why?

I'm using sun-jdk when installing php CLI first, then java get's placed in php.ini, then when I install mod_php, etc-update wants to turn java off again in the php.ini
djs
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 5:51 pm    Post subject: maybe one ebuild is better... Reply with quote

it seems to me that we need to use USE variables to help a single ebuild for php decide whether to build the CLI, mod_php, or both. then there's one ebuild to maintain, and the build is the same for the CLI/cgi and module versions.

my $0.02

/djs
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: