Only 3 langages forums...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exd
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 7:36 pm    Post subject: Only 3 langages forums... Reply with quote

And a lot of people not english come here try to do specified langages forums :) or low domain separation :)
leej
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Only 3 langages forums... Reply with quote

exd wrote:
And a lot of people not english come here try to do specified langages forums :) or low domain separation :)

It does seem odd not to have a French forum considering there's Spanish, German...and....Norweigan?

All no doubt wonderful languages, but French should surely be sitting there alongside Spanish as a dominant language?
r_howie
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
All no doubt wonderful languages, but French should surely be sitting there alongside Spanish as a dominant language?

It's all about what forum users request. Until someone asks for a French forum, no need to create one. Be it a spread language or not. Just my EUR 0,02.
BaSS
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Only 3 langages forums... Reply with quote

[quote="leej"]
exd wrote:

well... Gentoo have a large spanish comunity, not only from Spain too from SouthAmerica.
We have a translator team, and a doc team in gnetoo only fos spanish, and we are preparing the spanish web page about gentoo.

regards

ps: if need a french forum, only request it, and found some french developer to supervise it. And, yes, spanish is a dominant language.
leej
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 10:19 am    Post subject: Re: Only 3 langages forums... Reply with quote

BaSS wrote:
leej wrote:

well... Gentoo have a large spanish comunity, not only from Spain too from SouthAmerica.
We have a translator team, and a doc team in gnetoo only fos spanish, and we are preparing the spanish web page about gentoo.

And that's great. But does Gentoo really not have a large French community? From Canada to Europe to Africa and beyond? Or does Gentoo have a smaller (or more targetted?) userbase than I thought? :-)

BaSS wrote:

ps: if need a french forum, only request it, and found some french developer to supervise it.

I only mentioned it because I think the original poster was French and that's what shocked me about the lack of a French forum. I totally understand your reasons. I'm merely debating the lack of the forum and trying to understand why (which you've clearly explained). :-)

BaSS wrote:

And, yes, spanish is a dominant language.

I know. English, French and Spanish are the three languages on the school syllabus in this country specifically because they are rather dominant languages. Although Italian is a personal fave. It rolls off the tongue beautifully (although I doubt that is good reason enough to get a forum lol). ;-)
Mala Zaba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that I am the only french gentoo user who has several questions ! :(
enesideme
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

je déplore aussi le manque d'utilisateurs français ou francophones. Il y en a quelques-uns néanmoins. Pas assez pour l'instant pour développer un forum en français. Enfin on peut toujours se remettre à l'anglais.

Bonjour à la francophonie
Mala Zaba
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

enesideme wrote:
Pas assez pour l'instant pour développer un forum en français. Enfin on peut toujours se remettre à l'anglais.

Le problème, il a plus de support de qualité en anglais qu'en une langue étrangère... Je ne suis pas sur qu'il a beaucoup de gourou en francais... Donc, meme si je suis pourri en anglais, j'aime mieux poster en anglais et avoir une réponse.

Bonne soirée!
bemixam
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ca vaut peut etre quand meme le coup d essayer ... non ?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Languages All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: