Joined: 17 Oct 2002
Location: New Orleans
|Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:05 pm Post subject: Can't emerge portage 220.127.116.11: files under group portage?
I'm on Panther...did an emerge sync...said I needed to update portage...I tired that, and got a bunch of errors saying file 'x' was installed under group portage....and then borks.
Any ideas? Here's the last of what it spit out at me...
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-18.104.22.168/image///usr/share/man/man1/g-cpan.pl.1.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-22.214.171.124/image///usr/share/man/man1/quickpkg.1.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-126.96.36.199/image///usr/share/man/man1/repoman.1.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-188.8.131.52/image///usr/share/man/man5 was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-184.108.40.206/image///usr/share/man/man5/ebuild.5.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-220.127.116.11/image///usr/share/man/man5/make.conf.5.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-18.104.22.168/image///usr/share/man/man5/portage.5.gz was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-22.214.171.124/image///var was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-126.96.36.199/image///var/tmp was installed with group portage!
* file /var/tmp/portage/portage-188.8.131.52/image///var/tmp/.keep was installed with group portage!
>>> Completed installing portage-184.108.40.206 into /var/tmp/portage/portage-220.127.116.11/image/
* checking 122 files for package collisions
existing file /usr/lib/portage/bin/pemerge.py is not owned by this package
* spent 0.124005079269 seconds checking for file collisions
* This package is blocked because it wants to overwrite
* files belonging to other packages (see messages above).
* If you have no clue what this is all about report it
* as a bug for this package on https://bugs.gentoo.org
package sys-apps/portage-18.104.22.168 NOT merged
Any ideas? It seems to not want to overwrite what gentoo itself has put on there?
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.........