WEIRD behavior with mplayer
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:17 pm    Post subject: WEIRD behavior with mplayer Reply with quote

Whether I use gmplayer or mplayer, start it from an applet or terminal, behavior is the same. I am using the X nv driver for my nvidia card because the nvdriver gives me too many headaches.

When I start mplayer as root, video is just fine. Audio has probs but I know what they are and have not fixed them yet.

However, when I start mplayer as my own user login which I use 99% of the time, it starts, plays fine, BUT the image is UPSIDE DOWN!

also, I have an RTC speed issue which they say to replace the 64 with 1024 in the rtc section of /proc which works but it doesn't stay. I have to do that every machine startup.
That is probably curable with one of the other cmdline options. My main concern is the upside down image. It is the same no matter the type of movie played, avi, mpeg, qt, mov. I tried mplayer -flip but that did nothing.

How do I fix that?

Chuck
RioFL
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind. i found it. for some reason, a file which i never looked in before had flip=1 as a parm. its fixed.
drizzt
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:02 am    Post subject: RTC Issue Reply with quote

TO get access to /dev/rtc either root access is needed or you need to give user write access to /dev/rtc
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: