jabberd server problems
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcking
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 4:40 am    Post subject: jabberd server problems Reply with quote

First off, great job to everyone who is on this forum. Gentoo Rocks!

Anyway, I just set up jabber-server, and I'm having a little trouble getting a few things to work. I have a friend connected to the jabber server through GAIM and we can send/receive IM's. That's good. I have the update and icq/aim/msn/etc... IM services turned off for now. All I have running for now is the basic IM and conference services.

We can't get the conferencing going. We can each go into our clients and 'join/create' a chat room, but the instant we send a message to that room we get an error. If I connect to jabber.myserver.com or conference.myserver.com, I get an 'error 502: unable to deliver'

The other problem that I have is that if I enable the other services (aim, icq, etc) I get a warning that 127.0.0.1(17) is being connection rate limited about 5 times a second. big log file in a hurry!

If you already have jabber set up properly, please let me know how you've got it working.

TIA
mglauche
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember i had the same error once, but solved it with massive editing of config files. you might want to have a look at the new configuration utility, should be on the official jabber website and looks very promising :)
mcking
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 8:45 pm    Post subject: OK, server up and running, but unstable as hell! Reply with quote

Well, I got the jabber server up and running, and I can send/receive messages to someone connected to it remotely (outside my firewall). I had to use the 'single.xml' config file from jabber.org and run only a singe instance of the server.

Now my problem is that the server is very unstable. For a while, I could start up Gabber and connect to it no problem, but now the server segfaults immediately when I connect, and when I connect with centericq it returns a '401: Unauthorized' message. running in debug mode give me a little more info while it is running, but it still just Segfaults and dies with no info.

Any Jabber gurus out there?
axxackall
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: OK, server up and running, but unstable as hell! Reply with quote

I had a similar problem three months ago on Redhat: Jabbaer server sometime failed down. All I've noticed that time was huge amount of memory (150MB) jabberd took from the system right before failing down. I think it was a memory leak.

I've reinstalled Gentoo on that box and yet did not have time to install jabberd again. Will do this week.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: