Hangups while compiling X11
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quinny
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Hangups while compiling X11 Reply with quote

I have a very strange problem: Everytime I try to emerge X11 my system hangs up at random, but only when my monitor is in stand-by mode.

Unfortunately, I have no error messages or anything, I just know my system hangs up after I typed "emerge gnome" and left it alone, I do know it was still compiling X11, when I reboot my system and emerge gnome again it starts at X11 again...

The really strange thing is: This is the second time I install gentoo on that system this week, I screwed my old install up bigtime... Everything went fine the first time and I'm not doing anything strange this time. I followed the installation guide by the letter...

The system has a ASUS A7V266 board with a AMD t-bird 1400 Mhz cpu and 512 MB DDR2100 memory

I also have 2 other systems running Gentoo so I don't think it is a fault on my part =)

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this? I don't want to go back to running RedHat on that system...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: