Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
skim 1.2.1 is announced
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index 中文 (Chinese)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: skim 1.2.1 is announced Reply with quote

details:
http://www.scim-im.org/news/skim_news/skim_1_2_1_is_announced

enjoy, ;)
akar
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) 相当活跃的开发! 真的是开源社区之福。

我也算是个忠实的scim使用者,想在這裏發表一下個人對scim的看法和期望, 不知合適0波?

:)
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course, please feel free to say your opinion and hopes for SCIM project.

we are always eager to hear what our users think about our project. You are more than welcome to express yourself ;)
hiroki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liuspider wrote:
of course, please feel free to say your opinion and hopes for SCIM project.

we are always eager to hear what our users think about our project. You are more than welcome to express yourself ;)

then.. i would like to add, that i really like (love?) scim! it's a great piece of software i would not want to miss anymore!
there is just one think bugging me (really BUGging :lol: )
it's that scim does not work (at least not over here on my two systems) when compiles with gcc-3.4*, but does work correctly when using gcc-3.3*
so with gcc-3.4 almost every gtk-app crashes.

anyway, as i know i have to use gcc 3.3 instead, scim is very great, very comfortable to use. i could hardly be more satisfied :)
[just for the thing with the pinyin-tones would be nice to have a customisable keyboard layout. while on a US-keyboard you have to press SHIFT+1~4, on a german keyboard that does not work. so it would be nice if those tone-keys would be reassignable. but that not a problem of scim, rather one of the input method itself (scim-pinyin -> SmartPinyin)]

anyway,
keep on going with your wonderful work :D
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you upgraded gcc from 3.3.x right? If so, please bootstrap all your system using gcc 3.4.x, because C++ binaries generated by the two versions are not compatible/

if you do not want to do so, a (ugly) workaround is to disable scim gtk-im-module by:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
globally

the tone issue in scim-pinyin will be solved eventually. in scim CVS head, keyboard mapping is supported, do you think it would be of any help?
hiroki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

liuspider wrote:
you upgraded gcc from 3.3.x right? If so, please bootstrap all your system using gcc 3.4.x, because C++ binaries generated by the two versions are not compatible/

if you do not want to do so, a (ugly) workaround is to disable scim gtk-im-module by:
export GTK_IM_MODULE=xim
globally

the tone issue in scim-pinyin will be solved eventually. in scim CVS head, keyboard mapping is supported, do you think it would be of any help?

yes, i know. i am using gcc 3.4 for a long time and rebuild almost all my system with it. just almost because i think 2 (or 3) packages were not compiling with it. and scim did not run with it. to be sure i also re-recompiled all the system stuff with gcc-3.4 and all scim-dependencies. but still no change.

yeah, i heard that the cvs version (and next stable release) will have keyboard mapping. but i am wondering if that means, that i have to chose a difference keyboard-layout (like temporarily for scim-pinyin (smartpinyin) i would use the american layout)? or if i can only change some keys. the first one would be quite annoying, cause this is the reason i don't like to use the windows-IME at all! on the german keyboard y and z are exchanged. so typing z here would result in "y" using the us layout. THAT would be really annoying. the second one would definately be nice. as i could just change the keys/shortcuts to what i like.
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit that the gcc issue is very very annoying! I had the same problem, and until I installed another fresh gentoo with gcc 3.4, I lived with gcc 3.3.x :(
My suggestion is that: if you have more than one gcc install, remove that older (3.3.x) one. (before that you may what to package it first, in case you need it)
Gcc 3.4.x can compile anything in my system (in fact, I bootstraped with it), so if you can not compile some packages, then your configuration may have some potential issues.

I am afraid that, the first situation is what we are doing now. Of couse, you can always tell SCIM not to swith keyboard layout ;)

Please also file a bug in our bug tracking system.
hiroki
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

liuspider wrote:
Gcc 3.4.x can compile anything in my system (in fact, I bootstraped with it), so if you can not compile some packages, then your configuration may have some potential issues.

well, to be honest. those two packages just were ipw2100 and ati-drivers. but now it works, as it was fixed. so. now my system is only gcc-3.4, besides scim of course. so even if i were still using gcc-3.3 for ipw2100 and ati-drivers, as those are just device drivers i can hardly imagine, that they affect scim.
i recompiled stuff really several times with gcc-3.4, in order to be sure, that only this is used. but still the error occurs.
so i will (maybe?) reinstall my system with the new 2005.0-disc as soon as it is available. as i need to reinstall windows anyway. i'll do it together :| [that will be a very busy weekend!]

anyway, as scim works with gcc-3.3 i don't mind swithing to it in order to just. it's the only program left, that need it.
but i sometimes still need gcc-3.3 for testing and because at university we have it, too. to keep the comparability.
[don't know whether this makes sense or not]
liuspider
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you try to recompile scim with gcc 3.4?

When they are all compiled and using gcc 3.4, there should be no problems any more.

If you install two gcc in your system, some of your libraries are linked to 3.3 and the other to 3.4, it will mess up things...
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index 中文 (Chinese) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: