Unresponsive?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
delta407
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 3:52 am    Post subject: Unresponsive? Reply with quote

Occasionally, forums.gentoo.org just sort of stops responding, like it queued my request but isn't acting on it. It sends data back in a few seconds, but... has anyone else experienced this?
jtanner
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experienced it today at ~5pm EDT. :-)

Perhaps the forums are getting a little busy for their host machine?

Jim
Nitro
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you guys aren't alone. Here's the deal. About a month ago (I think, but it doesn't matter when...) I moved the Gentoo forums off of my linux server, because it was just about capping off my cable modem. At that time I'd say everyone was satisfied with performance, and nobody even realized (without some network investigation...) that it was served via a cable modem.

So, we started to push my bandwidth, and I didn't want RoadRunner to get pissed and pull the plug, so I moved it to chiba, the main Gentoo server. For those of you who don't know, chiba does everything, all the @gentoo.org mail, bugzilla, www.gentoo.org, developer cvs, and primary rsync mirror. So, at times when some developers say, sync their cvs trees, the load averages jump, and the site slows down.

Anywho, we are looking in to other possible hosting solutions, and pull the forums off of chiba's back.

Please, please SEARCH before posting.

There are three kinds of people in the world: those who can count, and those who can't.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: