Radeon 7500 Drivers
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
makatee
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:58 pm    Post subject: Radeon 7500 Drivers Reply with quote

Well, i have Xfree86 and everyuthing installed correctly and i can see my screen clearly, which i guess is a good thing. My card is a Radeon 7500 LE 64MB DDR and my question is, Im about to intsall Return to Castle Wolfenstein and I want to make sure that the graphics are good enough and that my drivers are the best that i can use. Through KDE I'm given the option to use that Radeon QE and other drivers like that, but I'm not sure which to choose, so if anyone could, could you tell me where to get drivers and give me instructions on installing them. I have been learning a lot, but i guess im still a noob, so the more precise directions, the better. Thanks
johpe916
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

RTCW works flawlessly on my system with a Radeon 7500 LE 64Mb DDR, AMD 1800+.

Just compile DRI in the kernel and add the corresponding lines to the XF86config file. There are a number of threads on how to enable DRI, edit your XF86config, etc. Search for DRI.

I just used the DRI that came with gentoo-sources 2.4.19-r9 but I guess that you can get better performance by using a newer version. Doesn´t seem to be worth the effort though. Framerates are quite okey.

/Johan
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: