View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Codec & Electron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:34 pm    Post subject: KDE font antialiasing excludes Reply with quote

Hi all,

the font settings in KDE allow to exclude a certain range of font sizes from being antialiased (eg. 8.0 pt to 15.0 pt). However turning this option on, does not work as expected. Instead antialiasing is active for all sizes. Why does KDE ignore the exclude range?

Thanks and kind regards,
C&E
Codec & Electron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I finally found out that my KDE-3.1 is linked not against libXft.so.2 but rather libXft.so.1 Therefore all my (and KDE's ;-)) attempts to apply a exclude range via fontconfig had to be unsuccessful. I had to fall back to editing the XftConfig file and voila it works.

So far I did not really try to figure out why KDE is not linked against libXft.so.2 but my emerge.log file indicated that kde was emerged before xft-2.0. I will emerge kdebase again and see if it links against libXft.so.2, but I am sure it will ;-)
Codec & Electron
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:11 am    Post subject: Final remarks Reply with quote

To close this thread -- recompiling Qt solves the issue. Qt wasn't linked against libXft.so.2 and after recompilation KDE listens to fontconfig and exclude ranges work now.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: