Mouse Wheel Up issue
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 8:36 pm    Post subject: Mouse Wheel Up issue Reply with quote

Has anyone got a working up scroll button in Xfree on the ppc port? It was on the mailing lists but I don't think it was resolved and I'm curious if anyone has a fully functional scroll wheel :)

Gerk
olof

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 2:20 pm    Post subject: Me neither! Reply with quote

I can only scroll downwards with my Logitech Wheel Mouse on my PowerBook G4. The wheel worked fine on Mandrake Linux PPC. I have the same problem on my iMac rev1. (Logitech Wheel here also).

Hope this will be sorted out soon, cause it annoys me a lot.

olofmogren@home.se
Gerk
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fix that I suggested be tried (the removal of the make -j2 in the ebuild) did not work. Someone tried compiling an disntalling the vanilla xfree srcs (not via ebuild) and it worked ok.

on that note I hve taken a look at any and all patches being applied to the ppc ebuild of xfree and can't see what would cause this to stop working....I think that someone with a little more knowedge of xfree should look at those patches and maybe they can figure out what is wrong.

Does anyone know if these patches are strictly needed for ppc? I have always used vanilla src from xfree86.org with no issues. If the patches can be masked in the ppc ebuild and tested this would be great.

:roll:
DocTomoe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried commenting out the patches in the ebuild (so they didn't get applied). However that didn't fix the scroll up issue. So i guess it must be something within the xfree sources or the config options that is conflicting.
http://www.gentoo.org
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 2:35 pm    Post subject: fixed Reply with quote

I just put a fixed ebuild (r10) in cvs. It's masked for now, just to be safe (don't want to upset the x86 people). Feel free to unmask it and try it out (i.e. comment out the relevant line in /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask).

Note: This version still has the nice patches, but it may not pick up all the optimisations in make.conf (still checking). I don't see any difference in performance here, but it could be an issue for some.

David
sa
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2002 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm, sorry to intrude. I'm not currently a ppc user, my mac broke :-(
but anyway on my x86 machine the mouse scroll up button is broken,
very annoying. I just installed gentoo 1.3a_test yesterday, with the default xfree 4.2.0-r12. did r12 inheret r10' patches?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on PPC All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: