WineX 1.0-3 anyone still have it?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Uranus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:30 am    Post subject: WineX 1.0-3 anyone still have it? Reply with quote

Hi, I have winex 2.2.1 installed and I'm playing HL and it's mod's just fine, but voice input doesn't work, so I looked on the transgaming forums and a possible solution (until winex3.x arrives) is replacing libwineoss.so with the same file from the older winex 1.0-3 ... I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone still have it?
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:35 am    Post subject: Let me look around cause I think I just might... Reply with quote

I've got to dig through my CD's though. I'll post back later if I come up with it. I seem to remember saving the wine directory for that version.
Geforce GTX 970
Samsung Evo 840 500Gb +Seagate 1TB HDD
Etc....
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 7:32 am    Post subject: I think what I have is in fact version 1.03 Reply with quote

Not sure, though. Maybe you could tell me where in the directory that I got via CVS I can find the version. Another thing, I had obtained this version, my first try using WinCVS, so the permissions of the /wine tree are all screwed up. If you are still interested and don't mind screwing with the permissions, I can drop the CD in the mail, or you can download it, once I get proftpd working. All the other saved wine CVS directories I have are 2.0 or better. Let me know via PM. :-)
Geforce GTX 970
Etc....
Uranus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I tried checking CVS but it's only got 2.0 and newer... but you say u have the cvs for 1.0-3? send it me!!! please!!! :)

I'll pm u with my e-mail
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:37 am    Post subject: As I stated above... Reply with quote

I have build 20011226. It is from around the time 1.0-3 was released, but I'm not sure if it's the same version. About Xmas 2001. As I stated in my above post, it was CVS-ed through WinCVS, so the permissions on the tree are all forked up. I you don't mind trying to fix the permissions on hundreds of files, I'll prep it for you. OK, I'm emailing it now, about 5.6MB bzipped. I'm pretty sure it'll work if you fix the file permissions, but that will be a nightmare. Good luck and post back to let me know if you get it working.
Geforce GTX 970
Etc....
Uranus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't received anything! You sure u sent it to the right e-mail?
bammbamm808
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:29 am    Post subject: OK found my mistake Reply with quote

I stupidly cut and pasted the whole thing, including the 'mailto:' part. Resending now.
Geforce GTX 970
Etc....
Uranus
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, I managed to build libwineoss.so and replaced it on my /usr/lib/winex-cvs/lib/ ... my voice still comes up with a lot of noise, but it's understandable now... I still want to try a couple more things but I'm guessing it won't get any better than this
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: