gd with gif for mod_php
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numerodix
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2003 12:52 pm    Post subject: gd with gif for mod_php Reply with quote

I've been using some of the functions for resizing images and the like (in php), for which the GD library is required. I merged jpeg and libpng before mod_php and it seems the jpg related functions work. Now I would like the same for gif. I installed giflib but I can't find any connection between that and mod_php and I think without that I can't obtain gif write support in php..

phpinfo()...

Code:

Configure Command  './configure' '--prefix=/usr' '--with-bz2' '--enable-ftp' '--enable-force-cgi-redirect' '--enable-discard-path' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-mime-magic' '--enable-wddx' '--enable-dbase' '--with-zlib=yes' '--with-iconv' '--enable-bcmath' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-exif' '--with-gd' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-calendar' '--enable-trans-sid' '--enable-safe-mode' '--enable-versioning' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-inline-optimization' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php4' '--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu' '--without-readline' '--with-pam' '--with-gettext' '--with-openssl' '--with-gdbm=/usr' '--with-db3=/usr' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--with-pdflib=/usr' '--with-jpeg-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-png-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-zlib' '--with-zlib-dir=/usr/lib' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/bin' '--with-apxs=/usr/sbin/apxs' '--with-xml' '--with-dom' '--with-mcrypt' '--with-mhash' '--disable-posix-threads' 

gd
GD Support  enabled 
GD Version  bundled (2.0 compatible) 
GIF Read Support  enabled 
JPG Support  enabled 
PNG Support  enabled 
WBMP Support  enabled 

Is there some way I can append gif to that list or what exactly do I need to do?
mglauche
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the problem is in libgd .. there are some unofficial distributions of gdlib with the gif-write patch enabled (its disabled bc of software pantent issues, so folks in the usa can't use it), then recompile php with --with-gd-lib=/path/to/your/version
numerodix
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is I managed to get this working without installing libgd. That package requires X among others, which I don't have nor need and it fails without it. Is there a way I can omit that step?
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: