XMMS won't advance automatically
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frew
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: XMMS won't advance automatically Reply with quote

I have been having this problem for a few months now. I have rebuilt the system. Deleted my .xmms dir, checked all the settings. I do not have the "No Playlist Advance" option checked. Could anyone please help me?
puddpunk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pressing CTRL + E when the playlist window (or the main one) is selected. I remember that stopping the playlist from advancing when someone did it on mine.
frew
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still no luck :-/
Acrid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 7:18 pm    Post subject: Same here Reply with quote

I'm having the exact same problem. I emerged xmms on my desktop and it doesn't work. Some months ago I emerged it on my laptop and it worked there. My laptop is being serviced so I can't compare notes between the two, unfortunately. I've checked/unchecked the no advance button. I've tried Ctrl-N. I've deleted .xmms. I don't get it. I had xmms (same version) on the same machine with Mandrake just last week and it ran fine. Nothing to do with hardware. I've even run it as root to check for permissions problems. No dice. I'm going to download it and build it myself and see what that does.
zerofunk
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, I'm having the same problem on my laptop, but I know it's worked on my desktop before. Although it would occasionally stop for no reason. On the laptop now though it's after every song.
frew
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it is xmms, it think it might be ALSA. When I look in my console that x is running in I can see that xmms tries to play the next song before the current one is finished....
Acrid
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2003 10:03 pm    Post subject: Re-emerge alsa Reply with quote

Try emerging a different (older or newer) version of alsa. I just finished doing that yesterday but hadn't tested xmms yet. I'll do that tonight.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: