View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kraylus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: mozilla + gtk + xft problems Reply with quote

did an update -u world and re-emerged X and mozilla to try and fix the original problem of moz not starting up. now it starts up.

but the menu fonts (i think they're gtk) are monospaced and change from that to some sort of non-serif font when windows are opened and closed. very unstable. and the fonts are larger than they should be thus moving certain menu items off the program into nowhere.

i have "gtk -gtk2" in my USE prefs because the last time i had this problem it was due to gtk2 being compiled in with mozilla and gaim. is gtk2 no required for moz 2? is there a way to fix the font w/o recompiling moz? it's annoying....

thanks,

ryan
kraylus
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging from other posts in the forums...

how to i compile mozilla without gtk2 support? i want to compile it against gtk1! i have -gtk2 and gtk in my USE settings, but it appears to have compiled w/ gtk2 anyways.

how, oh how can i make it not do that?
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how to i compile mozilla without gtk2 support? i want to compile it against gtk1! i have -gtk2 and gtk in my USE settings, but it appears to have compiled w/ gtk2 anyways.

This sounds impossible! Recent ebuilds of mozilla not only need "gtk2" to enable the gkt2 compile time option, they also require:
Code:
WANT_GTK2="yes" emerge mozilla

Are you absolutely positive it continues to compile with gkt2? The presence of /usr/lib/mozilla/components/libwidget_gkt2.so would imply yes ...

If so, then you could get bullish and try:
Code:
WANT_GTK2="no" emerge mozilla

but it really shouldn't be this way!

Even if you did use a gtk2 mozilla, that shouldn't be reponsible for bad font rendering. Have you moved elsewhere or deleted your old mozilla profile (~/.mozilla) so that a new one (including a fresh prefs.js) is generated?

And this "bug" I filed might help you make fonts look nice in Mozilla: https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=14668. Right now, my font rendering in Mozilla looks 99% as good as Windows and that's not an accolade I would give out lightly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: