Cannot create OpenAFS volume
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjolly
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Cannot create OpenAFS volume Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have hit a dead-end installing OpenAFS on Gentoo. I have followed the instructions on http://www.gentoo.org/doc/openafs.html#doc_pre20 and I'm stopped at code listing 20, which reads:

# /usr/afs/bin/vos create <server name> <partition name> root.afs -cell <cell name> -noauth

I type this command in with the appropriate substitutions and I get the following error:

vos : partition /vicepa does not exist on the server

Of course, when I type mount, I get:

/dev/hdb1 on /vicepa type ext2 (rw,noatime)

Now, I'm a bit suspicious that the actual OpenAFS documentation ( http://www.openafs.org/pages/doc/QuickStartUnix/auqbg005.htm#HDRWQ42 ) states that I need to load the correct modules into the kernel. I could not find how to build AFS for the kernel.

Have I missed something?

John Jolly
jjolly
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 7:00 pm    Post subject: Well, that was clear... Reply with quote

Never one to rest, I figured my problem out...

Seems to get your new Ext2 partition to be recognized, you need to execute the bos restart command (listing 17) after you create and mount the partition.

Now I know.

John Jolly
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: