Team Speak not working...
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnXa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Team Speak not working... Reply with quote

I am running gentoo 2004.2 AMD64 and everything have worked well exept couple things that are really shitty like no sound in doom3/quake3/Ei with VIA_82xxx sound card. (I am going to buy another anyway..)

But this problems is far more mystic.

I merged TeamSpeak. no problems. but when running it. It says this:

Code:

Runtime error 234 at 0804CDF3

So what should I do to fix this problem?

32-bit software is working fine. Like doom3 and quake3. So I don't think problem is in runtime libraries.

I have AMD3500+, Asus A8V Deluxe WLAN and 256Mb DDR

Thank you.
stahlsau
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no idea for your teamspeak-error, but i think you´ll get sound in quake etc. if you follow the guide at http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ALSA_sound_mixer_aka_dmix
and then do a
Code:
echo "doom.x86 0 0 direct" > /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/oss

and the sound should work.
*edit: for quake, don´t type echo doom...but echo quake.x86 or s/t ;-)
AnXa
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sry for delayed reply.

That doom3 trick aint working. but the new patch is. ;)

And I'd really like to know how to get that Team Speak working. Anyone?

EDIT: Some pp say that downgrading these MAY get it working. has anyone tried this?

app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-1.0
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-gtklibs-1.0
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-1.0
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-nvidia-1.0.6629
attrezzo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Teamspeak reply Reply with quote

Is this the client? I'm running an amd64 and running the newest ts server I get this error:

Runtime error 230 at 0804CDF3

Looks like yours is 234 teamspeak forums says that's cause you don't have glibc-locale installed. Try installing that.

If anyone can help with my server error I'd greatly appriciate it.
attrezzo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Teamspeak client crashes with Runtime error 230 on amd64 wit Reply with quote

I answered my own question... sorta..

Apparently the newest emul libraries for glibc are fudging up the teamspeak operation Here's what I did.

emerge unmerge emul-linux-x86-glibc
emerge =app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-1.0

Pulled down the newer version of glibc and replaced it with the previous version of baselibs. This allowed me to run the ts server from the root folder but not from the startup script. As to how the older version of glibc emul will affect your other programs... ??? Only time can tell.

Here's the bug report I got the workaround from:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55893

Here's the bug report submitted to set up the dependencies or fix the problem for you gentoo devs:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73084

Teamspeak client crashes with Runtime error 230 on amd64 with all 32bit emulation libraries installed
Hole
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this solution this morning (emerging the 1.0 of the baselibs etc.) to make teamspeak2-client-bin work.

Instead of the runtime error i'm getting an error about an unresolved symbol. However, I am running the /opt/bin/TeamSpeak script which sets the LD_LIBRARY_PATH correctly...

So sort of stuck :/

Also note worthy, is that I can't run firefox-bin with downgraded emul- libraries... this is sort of a problem...
battersea
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first emerged teamspeak2-client-bin, (somewhere in august this year) it didn't work:

Code:
Runtime error 230 at <somenumber>

I was able to run it though, after downgrading the emul-linux-x86-baselibs and emul-linux-x86-xlibs to version 1.0 (as I found somewhere on a forum). IT WORKED!

Later though, I accidently upgraded the emul-linux-x86-*libs, forgetting all about teamspeak. Afer this, some of my 32-bit applications didn't work anymore (I believe openoffice-bin was amongst them), so I looked around and found out there was a new ebuild in portage, which wasn't there before: emul-linux-x86-glibc. After emerging this, all my 32-bit applications worked again as before.

I then realized I had forgotten all about teamspeak. Running it, not surprisingly, gave rise to the error I got earlier:

Code:

So I decided to downgrade the emul-linux-x86-baselibs and emul-linux-x86-xlibs to version 1.0 as I did before. This wasn't allowed though, because the emul-linux-x86-glibc was blocking this downgrade. For this reason I suspect emul-linux-x86-glibc was a split-off of the emul-linux-x86-baselibs ebuild. So I first unmerged emul-linux-x86-glibc and then downgraded the other ebuilds to 1.0.

When I ran Teamspeak, to my astonishment, I still got:

Code:

And I never got it working again... Although it worked once, I'm not able to reconstruct the environment in which it worked.

That is my story so far on Teamspeak.

The best way to go from now, is in my opinion (I could be wrong), to locate a 32-bit machine which IS able to run Teamspeak (my 32-bit slackware isn't because it's libraries are too new... the people from teamspeak should really make some modern linux binaries...), grab all the needed dynamic libraries from that machine (you can list the shared library dependencies with "ldd <binary>") and copy them over to the Teamspeak directory. After doing

Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

teamspeak should work (notice that the . of current directory, is in front of the $LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that it gets searched first).

If you succeed in doing this, please share your set of dynamic libaries with the rest of us.

Ben
ali3n
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i know its a bit messy with all the downgrading to 1.0 of the emullibs etc but my ts works fine exept for the "Qt: Locales not supported on X server" error when it starts..

using baselibs 1.0 , compat 1.0 , gtklibs 1.0 , xlibs 1.0

im not using glibc that seem to be the problem.

the path problem should be solved if u run the /opt/bin/Teamspeak but it dosent if u got the wrong emullibs for some reason.

Im no linuxguru but this is the way i got it to work, and controle one extra time that u got all the libs in 1.0 version since they seems to be the only one working correctly with teamspeak :/
battersea
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ali3n: I allready tried that before, and it doesn't seem to work.

Btw, with actual portage I can't even get the versions you describe to be emerged: they block eachother...

Since you seem to be the only one to have TeamSpeak working on amd64 at the time, could you type the following command in an xterm:

Code:
LD_DEBUG=all LD_VERBOSE=1 LD_WARN=1 TeamSpeak 2> output.txt

and publish the contents of output.txt over here. I believe, this way we can figure out exactly which dynamic libraries your setup is using for teamspeak and try it ourselves...

tnx in advance
balgo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'm also runnig Teamspeak with old ports. I have try to make the output.txt, but its to big. 70 MB or more.

balgo
balgo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok here is the small output:

http://balgo.net/work/smalloutput.txt

balgo
Dura-Mater
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Re: Teamspeak client crashes with Runtime error 230 on amd64 Reply with quote

attrezzo wrote:
I answered my own question... sorta..

Apparently the newest emul libraries for glibc are fudging up the teamspeak operation Here's what I did.

emerge unmerge emul-linux-x86-glibc
emerge =app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-baselibs-1.0

This worked for me also. I too ran the LD_DEBUG=all LD_VERBOSE=1 LD_WARN=1 TeamSpeak 2> output.txt but the file is freakin' huge. Is there something specific you are looking for in the file that I can post? I'm a Linux newbie but i'll help if I can.
Guybrush
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

as stated in the two references to bugs.gentoo.org above:

Quote:
Here's the bug report I got the workaround from:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=55893

Here's the bug report submitted to set up the dependencies or fix the problem for you gentoo devs:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=73084

all you have to to is to set the variable GCONV_PATH to "/usr/lib32/gconv"

I just added this to my environment variables by typing
Code:
echo 'GCONV_PATH="/usr/lib32/gconv"' >> /etc/env.d/00basic

And it works even with the newest versions of emul-linux-x86-* libs

Hope that helps
jkroon
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my permissions was just messed up. "chmod o+x /usr/lib32" fixed everything for me, I can now run TeamSpeak as a normal user and it just works, no hacks, fully upgraded system.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on AMD64 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: